Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 4

Dear Elder,
This is Mom. I say that because I made this account available to other family members who want a simple way to write to you. I hope you get a few letters from others soon. Happy Friday. How was your first full day at the MTC? I hope it was great. Have you seen anyone you know yet? Have you moved beyond what you already knew in Spanish yet? Ha ha.

Yesterday Dad had a root canal, lucky guy. Actually it was lucky, or rather a real blessing, because he was in lots of pain and the doctor/dentist guy just happened to have a cancellation, so he was able to fit Dad in. Anyway, he's feeling lots better. He came home from work and slept till 10:00 pm.

Thomas and his friend, Kolby, finally got their Rube Golberg project to work on Wednesday. I think they invested about an hour of work per second of video. Thirty seconds=30 hours. Pretty wild. Today Thomas finds out if he gets elected to student council. He says he's not sure people even know he's running because he never put up new posters; he just left up his student body pres posters.

Katrina has a choir festival today which I hope I am going to be able to attend. I look forward to listening to her sing and also talking to her on the drive home.

Miriam and I are going up to a cabin for an over nighter with leaders and other girls her age to plan our up-coming girls camp. I'm really looking forward to spending time together! Dad gets to stay home and take care of Grandma. He's sure sweet to do it!


Jonathan is coming home today for the weekend. He leaves for Canada on Monday. Can you believe it? He will actually be the first of our kids to live in a foreign country, if you can call going from hotel to hotel living, ha ha. Anyway, I really look forward to seeing him this weekend.

I watched the cutest video of Lily yesterday. She crawls up to a cupboard, and her favorite thing is the cupboard door. She sits opening and closing it forever. I told Cassandra that now I know what I'm getting her for her birthday. Yep, a cupboard door.

Cassandra shared a good scripture on Facebook, it's one of my favorites. It's Isaiah 41:10 which says,
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
I know that Heavenly Father is with you and will answer your prayers and strengthen and sustain you. I know that he will also answer our prayers on your behalf.

I sure love you, Matt, and hope you have a good weekend. May the Spirit be with you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment