Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22-- The Rest of the Story

Here is the rest of the story that I decided not to send to Matt.  I figured I'd save him the following gory details:

When Grandma and I woke up from our nap, you’d think things would be calmer, but no.  Grandma needed changing, and I couldn’t change her in her bed because of what I already mentioned about the power and the bed's being reclined.  First, I protected the couch with blankets and pads, and started to lay her there to change her, when I realized that changing her in the living room would stink up the entire house for a good long time.  Also, Thomas had just brought Garred home with him from school.  Changing Grandma in the living room no longer seemed like such a good idea.  Next, I asked the kids if I could change her on any of their beds.  Strangely enough, I had no takers.

I ended up laying Grandma’s mattress on the floor beside her bed and changing her there.  Getting her from the chair to the floor was not an easy task and required me, Miriam, and Katrina to do it.  To top it all off, when I took Grandma’s pants off to change her, the diaper came off, too.  Wrong side out.  Needless to say, she needed cleaning everywhere from the waist down.  While I was doing that, I had Katrina pounding on the door and yelling that she was late for work—which she was.

Believe it or not, Katrina ended up being only one minute late, which, of course counts as much against her as being 10 or 15 minutes late.  After I dropped her off, I walked into the laundry where Dad was working,  handed him a bag containing poopy pants, and collapsed on the couch. 

Anyway, Dad came home with me, and by the time we got home, the power was finally on.  We got Grandma up into her bed, and fed her lunch.


End of Story.  Thank Goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment