Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 26--Dear Elder

 Dear Elder,

Thank you so much for the letter you wrote to the family! We loved it so much.

Thank you for sending us your favorite scripture. Bro Brinkerhoff will be overjoyed to get it in order to put it on your missionary plaque. We will enjoy seeing the plaque up on the ward bulletin board!

To answer a few of your questions--Tanner's farewell went wonderfully. His talk was very insightful. I know he'll make a wonderful missionary! Our summer plans consist of one trip to Disneyland. Hospice will give us five day's respite which is not enough to drive to Texas and back and also have any time to visit Cassandra, Emerson, and Lily. That's what I really want to do! Still, Disneyland will be fun. Next week we go to camp, so I guess that is a summer plan, and then Katrina and Thomas are going to EFY later in June and Miriam has youth conference.

I'm so glad you are enjoying learning the Spanish language. It always seemed to me that you really enjoyed using it when you were learning it in high school. That's funny about you telling a member that we need to tell God that we have a little plant! I guess it could been worse, ha ha. I think its great that they have Spanish speaking members to help you out in learning the language.

Today Katrina, Thomas, and Miriam are working for the first time. Before this, all work has been training. This will be the first official day of the first official job that both Katrina and Thomas have ever had. Miriam is an old pro. I've been praying that it will all go well and that it will be a good experience for all of them.

Dad has been having a hard time at work, and he could use your prayers. He is going to decorate Grandpa's grave today. I am staying home in order to take care of Grandma and get stuff ready for camp.

I don't have any new news from Jon, but we keep praying that all is well. Wow! The wind is blowing really hard out there! I wonder what the weather is for today (Saturday). Wow, I just checked and they predicted wind, rain, and thunderstorms today and tomorrow. Monday is supposed to be sunny, though. The kids may not be working today, after all.

I talked to Cassandra last night. She just got her wisdom teeth out. I guess she was in a lot of pain before they took them out, but now that they are out, she's not in much pain, so that's good. She's been resting a lot, of course. She and Emerson took Lily on her first walk where she actually walked the other day. She wanted to run the whole time and wouldn't hold their hands. They finally let her loose in a field to run around where she could fall and not get hurt. She's certainly a busy little girl! Emerson has been working hard and long. I hope he gets a break soon. He's such a wonderful guy!

Well, that's what we all are up to. I love you, Matt. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment