Saturday, May 26, 2012

Letter From Matt!

Hi!
How are you guys?  I heard the power was out for a long time, I hope everything is all right!
Thanks for encouraging the family to write me emails!  And thank you Mom and Katrina for sending me dearelders.  How was Tanner's farewell?  Any summer plans for you guys?

Mom, the scripture I want on my plaque is D&C 29:7  ("And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts.")  I really like it.  Katrina, I don't think I'll get to see the solar eclipse, but maybe.  Yes we have a lot of food and, no, I'm actually about the same weight.  I'm wishing I could leave the MTC but I still have things to learn.

We just had two wonderful talks on Tuesday and Sunday.  One by the Provo temple president, and the other one was by President Rasband (over the Quorum of the Seventy).  I'd write about them, but. . .I'm lazy,  Ha Ha.  And it sufficeth me to say that one was on temples, and the other on the Spirit, and a more full account is given on my large plates--or my study journal.

A new favorite Spanish term:  (Insert upside down exclamation point here) Rompe Cabesas!  It literally means "break heads," but Mexicans use it to say, "puzzle!"  How cool!  Another one is trabajabamos, that means:  We worked.   I told a member yesterday that we need to pray to God and tell him that we have a "planito" or, in other words, a small plant!  Ha Ha!  I meant to say small plan.

I'm doing well, and Mom, don't get your hopes up for a "nice full" memory card of pictures.  I have about five on there.  Anyway, I love you all and miss y'all!
Bye!
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment