Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14--Dear Elder: Mother's Day and Thomas's Birthday Report

 Dear Elder,

Just a quick note before the deadline for getting a letter sent to you today. We had a nice Mother's Day and Thomas's birthday yesterday. I was the first person to wish Thomas a happy birthday, which was nice. Miriam and Katrina made me a very nice birthday breakfast consisting of an omelet, yogurt, almonds, apples, and a strawberry smoothie. It was delicious. Miriam also washed the dishes last night which was so nice! I got the whole house clean and the laundry done already today, largely because of her nice kick-start with the dishes. Thomas was, indeed, ordained a teacher yesterday and was also set apart as the secretary in the teacher's quorum. We are so glad that he is worthy to be a teacher in the Aaronic priesthood.

After church we got to Skype with Jon and talk to Cassandra on the phone. It was so nice to talk to them! Jon says he gets to meet a lot of people and they like him, but they don't really like Americans in Canada. He will be moving into dorms on Tuesday. I hope that will be a good thing. I think it will. Cassandra and Lily were on their own this weekend since Emerson had to work 12 hour days at the plant. It was sad because he had planned a big Mother's Day date for Cassandra that they weren't able to do because when there's trouble at the plant, everyone has to drop everything and go to work. They meet for lunch sometimes so that Lily can see her daddy since he leaves for work before she wakes up and gets home after she is in bed. They are hanging in there!

Getting to talk to Cass and Jon was a very nice Mother's Day gift. I wish we could have talked to you, but I know it wasn't possible. My gift from you is getting your emails every Wednesday. That really makes our week! Another nice gift I got yesterday was a nap--yesiree, Bob. I slept forever. In fact, when I woke up and saw that it was 7:03, I thought the clock was broken. But it wasn't. When I got upstairs, Grandma's visitors were already over and the party was in full swing. We sang happy birthday to Thomas and made sure Grandma got lots of watermelon and good conversation.

Last night, Dad and I went on a walk and I talked to Grandma H. on the phone. She had a very nice mother's day. She liked the card I sent her, and we had fun talking. She and Dixie are going to Oregon soon to see Great Grandma S. who is about as bad off as Grandma C.

Well, that was our day yesterday. I'd better get this off or you may not get it today. I love you! I hope you got my package! The whole family is praying for you and is happy you are liking the MTC.
Have a great day!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment