Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19--Dear Elder: Business, Friday Night

Dear Elder,

Hi!  How are you?  Did you get your shirts yet?  They should be coming today.  I also sent you your international driving permit and your driving record.  I hear the driving record is the most important thing to have (along with your driver's license) in order to drive on your mission.  I also hear that missionaries don't drive much or even bike, they walk.  So don't worry, you'll walk off all that MTC food in no time.

How is your money holding out?  I guess I can get on and check your account.  Hmm.  Sixty two dollars left.    Let's see...you started out with 100.  I guess you've got enough for now for your MTC expenses.  Let me know if your need more. Did you know that Spotify is taking a 5.00 subscription fee out of your account?  Is that a monthly fee?  Please write me and let me know how to cancel your subscription.

Sorry about all of that business.  Let's see.  Yesterday afternoon I went into Elizabeth's to help her get ready for a birthday party.   Then I joined Dad and we dropped off your package and went walking along the river trail from by where you got your wisdom teeth out to the grocery store south of there and back.  It was a beautiful walk!

When we got home, I fed Sally and Dad took Miriam into Preston's for a family get together.  Then we set Katrina and Grandma up with a movie on the computer (Iron Man 2), saw Thomas off to a birthday party, and drove south to eat Chinese.  After that we put Grandma back to bed and went bike riding over by the park and along the trail.  When we got back, Miriam and Thomas were home so we all read scriptures and said prayer with Grandma.  Then we watched the season finale of "Once Upon a Time" and went to bed.  Fun night, and Dad really needed it!

Jon called yesterday and this morning!  Yesterday the news wasn't so good--he wasn't getting much work and the bills were piling up.  I told him now we know what to pray for--more work for him, and also for his safety.  Today the news was better--he got some work yesterday, plus he's working on his own now so he doesn't have to split pay with a trainer.  Man, it was good to hear his voice.  No word yet on when he's moving into dorms.

I'm glad its the weekend because I can call Cassandra!  On weekdays, she doesn't have many minutes.  Maybe we can even Skype with her.

Well, have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Mom

P.S.  You might want to take pictures even if you can't send them, because you and we will love to see them when you get home.  We should probably send you an empty card before you go to Mexico and you could send us a nice full card of MTC picts before you leave.  BTW, Jacob sends picts.  Weird.  I wonder how he does that.  Email?

No comments:

Post a Comment