Friday, May 18, 2012

May 17--Dear Elder: Waffle Wednesday, Concerts, etc.

Dear Elder,

Wow, I can't believe I didn't get a letter written to you before the noon deadline on Wednesday. I am so sorry! I hope your day Wednesday was a good one. We got your emails. Thanks for writing.

Wednesday was a busy day, but we got it all done. Elizabeth and her two little girls came over to visit. We had a very nice time. Well, at least I did, I hope they did. The girls watched a movie, lunched and napped, Elizabeth tried to paint Grandma's fingernails but it hurt her too bad to do it, an Elizabeth and I both changed the picture wall above the stairs. It's not done yet, but it looks pretty cool already. I had to leave before E to take the kids to work, and guess what that girl did before she left...cleaned the house! Yesiree, Bob. I went up all stressed wondering how I would be able to take care of the house with everything else I needed to do, it was done. It was sooo nice.

After school, we had two of Katrina'f friends over for Waffle Wednesday as well as Abby from across the street. One friend brought her genealogy and we figured out how she and Katrina are related. After waffle Wednesday I took the kids to work and then Dad and I drove our bikes over to the park and then rode along the river trail. It was green and lush and beautiful and so fun to be with him. Later that night we got to see a play Katrina wrote and another she directed. They were both VERY good. I wish you could have seen them.

After that, Katrina, Thomas, and I went to watch the rest of Miriam's concert. Unfortunately, we missed her sing a trio part on a song with some other girls. She hadn't told us about it because she didn't want to complicate our lives more (we were triple booked last night). I am so sad that I didn't get to see it! If nothing else, Dad and I could have split up and recorded what we saw for the other person.

Well, today were taking a meal into a neighbor across the street because he's been in the hospital lately. I also hope to bring a meal to the Lowders, but I need to contact them.

Dad is getting a crown at the dentist today; Jon tried to Skype us yesterday but we had to leave and I'm very sad about it; I finally got pictures of Cassandra and family up on the wall; and Thomas and Katrina both have a concert tonight, but I don't know how that's going to work since both the choir and the band require the auditorium. Anyway, that's what's up.

I love you very much, son, and have a prayer in my heart for you always. Remember to wait upon the Lord!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment