Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 27--Dear Elder: Visiting Graves, News of Jon and Cassandra

Dear Elder,

Hi!  I hope your Sabbath day is going well.  Today is our ward conference which is nice, because I don't have to leave our ward or our family in order to attend a ward conference in another ward.  I will be joining the stake young men's presidency and the rest of the stake young women's presidency in teaching the young men and young women all of the wonderful ways that they can participate in family history work.  I hope we can teach with the Spirit so that the Holy Ghost will carry our message to their hearts and motivate them to go to work!

I started my study of Preach My Gospel today.  Thanks for suggesting that we study it.  I know it will bless me and our family!  I have to take it a small bit at a time, but I want to ponder on each thing I learn throughout the day, anyway.  I think that will help write the words in my heart.

Yesterday was windy and rainy, and just as I expected, the kids got off work at the water park just after they got there.  Dad picked them up and took them to the laundry.  I came to get them and take them home, but Dad convinced us all to go with him to put flowers on Grandpa's grave.  It was a fun, long drive.  We enjoyed each other's company and the beautiful scenery.  We also took Uncle Paul's file cabinet to him.  We enjoyed seeing their house and visiting with him and Aunt Terry.  On the way home we stopped at the ski resort to eat at Teriyaki grill.  Delicious!  I was a bit concerned about being gone from Grandma for so long, but she seemed just fine when we got home.

Dad stayed at the laundry to work and the shop at Costco.  He also placed flowers on Michael, Amanda, and Niesha's graves.  He was very happy to do it, and I wish we could have been there, but we really needed to get home to Grandma.

Yesterday I also got to Skype with Jon in Canada!  I found out that they had moved him into a dorm as planned, but I guess some of the more experienced workers wanted to be in the dorm, so they are transferring him from Calgary to a smaller town where he will again stay in hotel rooms.  Yuck.  Jon says the dorms are real nice, too.  I told him that everything happens for a reason, and maybe this would turn out to be for the best.  He has a good attitude about it.  It stinks, though, because he won't have a regular address for us to send him letters and packages to.

Later in the day, Jon made us a very quick call on his cell phone to let us know that he is switching from installing the security systems to selling them.  He sounded very excited about it, and said he could switch back to installing if he doesn't like selling.  Well, selling is not an easy thing to do, but I think Jon just might have what it takes.  His big concern is that he makes enough money to pay for all the expense of going to Canada and for his next year of school.  I hope it all works out for him!  Sure gives us lots to pray for.

I just got on Cass and Em's blog to see if there was anything new, and there was!  Somehow I missed an video they posted on the 18th of Lily walking, a view from the front.  It is so cute!  On both walking videos, she seems to wave her right hand as she walks.  She made a beeline for the cell phone sitting on the front room table.  She's quite a kid!  

I'm thinking that you might be able to get pictures on your email, so I will try to send you some.

Well, I'm still trying to get ready for camp, and may I say that I'll be glad when it's over!  Still, it will be nice to be there next week with Miriam and Katrina enjoying nature and feeling the spirit.  BTW, Tomorrow's letter will be the last one you'll get from me for a week, but Dad said he'd write instead, so you'll have that to look forward to.

I love you, Matt.  You are doing a wonderful job.  I know that Heavenly Father is helping you to learn and grow as a missionary, and that he will continue to bless you with the Holy Ghost as you learn and teach.  Take care.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment