Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20--Dear Elder: Hiking, Shopping, Working, Skyping

Dear Elder,
Happy Sunday!  I hope you are having a good one.  It has just begun for us, but I look forward to going to church, feeling the spirit, and being renewed for the coming week.

We had a nice Saturday.  Dad took Thomas hiking in the morning and afternoon.  They had a lot of fun and came home good and tired.  Miriam and I went shopping at Pennys and then I took her in to work.  In the evening, Thomas played with friends, Dad and Katrina went out to eat and then to watch comedy impro, and Miriam, Grandma, and I watched a movie.  It was a nice, simple day.

The nicest part of the day was when we got to Skype with Jonathan and then with Cassandra!  Jonathan is hanging in there, spending lots of money on food, and not making much money.  We are praying that his work will pick up.  He did do one job yesterday that lasted five hours (sadly, he gets paid by the job, not the hour).  The family he installed for yesterday was LDS!  Pretty cool.  He said they were really nice and that there are 3 LDS churches in the town he's working in.   I actually got to talk to him twice, and it was so nice to see his face and hear his voice!

It was also so fun to Skype with Cassandra.  She pointed the camera at Lily and let me just watch her play while we talked.  I loved it!  Cassandra says they are doing good.  Yesterday was the first day off that Emerson has had in two weeks!  He really works hard without complaint!  It was so fun to talk to Cassandra and get caught up on their lives.  I really enjoyed seeing them of Skype.

Well, Matt, I can't see your face or hear your voice, but I sure love getting your letters!  We all love you very much and are praying for your success.  Your being in the MTC has already blessed our family more than you can know.  We love you so much!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment