Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 10

Dear Elder,

We got your email yesterday. It was so nice to hear from you! You sound so happy. We love you and are praying for you.

Yesterday the kids had their first training at the water park. They seemed to actually enjoy it and Miriam said she thinks the management will be better this year.

This morning, Miriam has a bad sore throat and couldn't find her glasses. It is definitely not her day.

Katrina missed her school awards night because of work yesterday, but I think she got an award, because they sent her an invitation to the occasion in the mail. I guess we'll find out today.

Thomas showed us his Rube Golberg video and it is very cool. He got full credit for it and all I can say is that after 30 hours of working on it, he'd better have!

Jonathan called me and woke me up last night so I don't remember much about what he said. Mostly he talked to Dad. I do know that he is alive and kickin' and that's good.

Was Lily completely walking when you were there?  Cassandra posted the cutest video of it on her blog. It is so amazing to watch that tiny nine month old dolly walking on her own.

Grandma wasn't very coherent yesterday. I think she's taken a turn for the worst, but she has her ups and downs so hopefully this is temporary. We are planning a nice Mother's Day for her.

Dad is attending a conference for teachers today and tomorrow. He is giving other people rides so he took the van and I have the pick-up. Yippee. You know how good I am at driving stick.

Having the pickup today is extra fun because I get to drive it all the way to Elizabeth's house. I am taking her to the mall because Sarah and I want to get her a build a bear for her birthday. Weird, I know, but she loves them so we decided she needs one of her own. It is going to be so fun being there with her and Joy and Mercy. Hopefully we can stay awhile and let them play on the toys.

The only other news I can think of is that I got my hair cut quite short (chin length). I like it.

Other than that, we are just working hard, playing happily, and trying to stay awake.

Have a wonderful day, and don't get discouraged. Most worthwhile things don't come easy, but they are always worth the work. You will be grateful every day of your life for the things you are learning here.

You may feel small at times, but you will do great things because "...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." (Alma 37:6)

Have a great day!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment