Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11--Dear Elder


Dear Elder,

We got a letter from you, yesterday!!! It was very exciting because we didn't expect it at all. Thanks for answering so many of our questions. I'm very glad that you like your companion. If you get a chance, let me know where in Arizona he's from.

Wow, it sounds like you are really working hard and learning so much. I like your favorite Spanish phrase: Pues, pues, pues, que tenemos aqui? Sorry, no upside down question mark :)

I got the list of things you need, and I'll be sending them to you. On the list you wrote, "If you still have any of my shoes" If I still have any of your shoes, what? Do you want me to send them, do you want me to save them, which ones? Anyway, I'm guessing you want them, so I'll ask Miriam which ones to send and get them to you soon.

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  Dad seemed to enjoy his conference--I think its up at the ski resort, but I'm not sure.

Miriam got her hair cut REALLY short. It looks really good, but she's still trying to get used to it. Her throat still hurts.

Thomas and Katrina attended the school dance and then Katrina hung out at Baily's and Thomas went to Abby Melton's to dip pretzels for their joint birthday party which is tonight, by the way.

I didn't hear from Jon or Cass yesterday :(

I took Elizabeth to get a build a bear for her birthday. She loved it!!! It was Sarah's idea. We siblings usually buy each other nothing for our birthdays and consider ourselves lucky if we get happy birthday phone calls, so this was an exception.

Last night I helped Sister ______ move into her new house. She and Brother _______have divorced and she and her daughter,  (Thomas's age) are trying to pick up the pieces. We emptied 4 or five boxes and then I bought them Wendy's for dinner. I hope it helped them know someone cares.

Speaking of that, Monday I had a very hard day, and I thought to myself, "No one cares." Of course, that's not true, and I knew it, but I felt very down. Not long after that, a sister in the ward called to tell me she loves me and was thinking about me. She showed me she cares and she also showed me that Heavenly Father cares. He cares enough to prompt a loving friend to give me a call!

Matt, I know that Heavenly Father cares about you and that He is very pleased with what you are doing.
You are working to bring some of his beloved children back to live with Him forever! I don't believe there is a greater work on the face of the earth. Thank you for representing our family in such a way.

I love you very much.
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment