Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21--Dear Elder Letter Installment: Teeth, Books, and Birdies

Today is Thursday, and we have been having a nice week.  The kitchen cabinets are all put in now, so we have a sink and fridge and it all looks beautiful.  Dad got the water hooked up to the fridge so that we have ice and fridge water now, and he also put in missing base boards and molding underneath the new window sill.  Things are coming right along!

Yesterday I worked to put the office stuff back in to place.  I didn't organize it real well because my organizational stamina is exhausted.  We went to the dentist yesterday.  The dentist always talks about how clean my teeth are.  This time he said that I must have the cleanest house in the world.........................................................................Ha!.........................Ha ha!.......................................Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha !  Just a bit of hysterical laughter, there, sorry.

Tuesday was the day they put our cabinets in, and I didn't have a real effective day.  I did finish reading Enchanted April, though.  I love that book!  When I went to watch Elizabeth's kids a couple of weeks ago, I brought along our old, ratty copy that is missing the cover.  Elizabeth came home from the hospital for something, so I sent the book back with her so that she'd have something to do.  I told her, "Don't loose the bookmark, because it's the last page of the book!"  Anyway, when she came to visit with her girls last week, she brought me an new copy.  Isn't that sweet?  Maybe she lost the last page.

Monday we saw Katrina's play.  It was a French play from the 1920's called Eiffel Tower Wedding.  It was supposed to be very surrealistic, so it was crazy and silly and made no sense.  The most that I can tell you about it is that every time the photographer tried to take a picture of the wedding party, he'd yell, "Watch the birdie!" but instead of a birdie, something else would always come out of the camera--a lion, a child, etc.  There was an ostrich running in and out occasionally, and the photographer finally got it back into the camera.  Maybe that was the birdie.  Katrina played the part of an investor that wanted to buy the photo of the wedding party.  She did a good job.  Funny that I asked her if she had a talking part, since no one had a talking part except the two narrators who spoke for everyone.

Katrina's play was early, and Dad still had to go work at the laundry.  Since it was family home evening night, and whatever we do on family home evening, we all do together, we all went to the laundry.  We didn't do much besides watch American Pickers on TV, though.  Well, Thomas and Miriam did their laundry.

Today I substitute, in the morning for Special Ed, and after noon for second grade.  I hope it goes well since I had very little sleep last night.  I think lack of sleep has aged me about five extra years.  Can you believe that if I had gotten more sleep, I be even more youthfully beautiful?  It's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment