Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dear Elder--This Week's Second Letter Installment: Camping, Snow, Shopping, and Hand-held Devices

It is Saturday morning and I am the only one in the house who is awake.  Katrina is at choir and Thomas is on a campout.  Jon came down last night to inform us that Thomas is sleeping in a cabin and has Wifi service.  Some camp out.  I can't help but feel relieved, though, since there is a thick blanket of snow on the ground this morning.  But I am not happy about him having his ipod up there.  I'm going to have to have a talk with that boy.  Don't worry, the only thing he can get via internet is texting.

Today I am supposed to drive up there and get him so that he can go to a party hosted by the water park, you know, the one where employees who worked last year go to get re-hired and also bring friends who want to be hired?  We promised a boy Thomas's age that Thomas would take him.  I don't look forward to driving up to get him in the snow.

I substituted the last two days, and it all went well.  It's weird how, after lunch recess, a practically perfect class turns into a mess, especially if recess is inside.  Dad and I went out last night, and I planned the date.  We went...shopping!  Dad is such a good sport.  Then we came home and watched a movie.  

I have been reading "Little Dorrit" by Charles Dickens.  With the Smart Phone, I can carry hundreds of books with me in my pocket.  It has been very nice.  I also like the calendar with reminders.  I need them.  They saved our entire family from missing their dentist appointments just the other day.  

 Our plans for this weekend are pretty vague.  Let's see...besides getting Thomas to his party and back, they consist of us eating breakfast for dinner after church on Sunday and me going to a couple of meetings after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment