Friday, March 15, 2013

March 11--Letter from Matt


Hey, this will be a letter to answer the questions that you had last week, we'll see if it works.

Katrina. you should read alma 32:38-39 and think about how the ''ground'' or ''earth'' in that passage could be a gift of faith. How did your trip to disneyland go? I'm really glad that you were able to go. That's weird to think that you are almost all done with school. Have I thought about souvenirs? no, but I might buy a hammock and bring it back...

Dad, What did Key ask about? I remember that he was really impressed that I didn't punch someone in the face or something close to that haha! Vic has cancer? I really didn't know that. Is he doing well? That's cool about the pawn shop, I see how you would love that. but you gotta remember that seeing your kids have fun will be funner than anything else that you could do. :)

Miriam, I'm sad to hear that preston is now gone. I know what that feels like a little bit, but you are going to have to... find a way to be happy I guess, this is going to be a dangerous time for you because you will be looking for sommething else to ''replace'' preston in your life (i`m not talking about finding another guy to replace him) choose something good to put into your life and not something bad. I suggest that you put god more in your life, I'm not doing that as a missionary, but as someone who cares about you.

Thomas, I read just a little bit that you broke your finger! What the heck?!?! How did you do that, I cant wait to read about it. So what are you going to do now that the play is over?

Mom, I have learned almost nothing, and that's the best part of this all, I still have a year left here and I plan on using it to the fullest. I thought it was very funny your comment about not many other people that fly to and from the provo air-port. you're right haha. I also liked that jalepeƱo was your vegetable with thomas, I can't wait to read your lettter this week!

well, this week... I don't know what to write about but, I will write about a cool experiance that I had! Saturday, in a prayer I did I asked that my companion and I could be the answer to someone's prayer. well we were, twice. The first one we saw a lady walking down the street and I had the impression to talk to her, so I did. When I asked her if we could present ourselves with her, she told me that she was busy but some other time, so I said, ''Ok, we can walk and talk!'' so we started to walk with her, after a little talking she started telling us some of her health problems and that she had been wondering what to do for some time. we told her about preistohood blessing and how we can give them when people ask us. She said she would love that, and gave us her phone number and told us to call her. (she lives in another missionary's area so we later gave the number to them).

Another one was in the night, we were walking down the street and we saw a man walking a dog, he didn't look like an outstanding gentlemen because his clothes weren't that clean and when he started walking towards us, I was a little un-sure of his intentions. He asked us for money, saying that he didn't want to be rude or anything like that but that he was very hungry, we told him that we didn't have any change but would be willing to walk to a store (there are little stores in every corner) and buy him something to eat, while we were walking, he told us that he had been deported for the U.S. from Florida, I didn't really belive him until he started talking in perfect English. He told us that he had been in Cabo for 4 days and hadn't been able to find a job or earn any money, and was at his rope's end and before he saw us was thinking about robbing someone or something like that to eat, but didn't want to because he wasn't that kind of a person. after we bought him some food we talked a little bit about the church with him and invited him to church the next morning, he said he was going to go. we said good bye to him. Love you all! untill next week!

PS  I was going to send more videos but I ran out of time... haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment