Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 17--Dear Elder: Last Letter Installment for the Week


Dear Elder, 
Hi!  Thanks for the letter and for "chatting" with me.  I loved reading your insights on faith.  You said you haven't learned much yet, but I think you have!  What happened with the man from Florida and the lady who needed a blessing?  It is wonderful that the Spirit led you to them.  Now, their actions will reveal their level of faith, right?  I really liked your videos.  Thanks for sending them!

Today is Sunday and the weather has been beautiful lately, so I hope it will be beautiful today, also.  We plan on going to church, of course, and then tonight we have a fireside at the stake center (Blog note:  A fireside is a church meeting that usually involves a guest speaker.  It is typically held inside--rarely if ever around a campfire.  A stake is a group of congregations and a stake center is the building where members of a stake meet to worship.  The word "stake" refers to stakes of the tent of Zion mentioned in Isaiah 54:2 in the Old Testament).  I also hope we can eat dinner together after church and read your letter.  Maybe we will eat outside if the weather is good.  

Yesterday we did eat outside for lunch.  Dad had been gone at the laundry and Thomas at a band festival, but we were all together again for our picnic.  The girls moved the table out into the sun, and we had a nice meal in the fresh air.  After that, we went to see the Wizard of Oz movie which we really enjoyed.  We hoped to do a bit of walking out in the fresh air, but it got really windy so we didn't.  We got the kids a pizza for dinner, took them home, and went and got Subway for ourselves.  We went to the laundry where Dad smashed his finger while unloading a dryer from the little pick-up.  He says it's not broken, but it really hurts him.  He didn't get the sink installed yet.  He kept needing more parts and when he went to complete the process last night, he discovered that he needed yet another part.

Friday Dad and I went shopping.  We bought me a smart phone.  I think Dad is hoping it will make me smarter, ha ha.  We got to see Jon who was working at the time, and visit with him as we got the phone.  That night while Dad worked on the sink, I talked to Cassandra on the phone and she helped me download some apps including the gospel library which has scriptures, Preach My Gospel, Teachings of the Prophets, etc.  It is coming in handy already.    

(Here is where I will insert the previous letter installment)

Matt, I love you very much and I pray for you every day.  I am so glad that you can serve Heavenly Father by bringing his children the gospel.  I know that he will answer my prayers and help you in every endeavor.  

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment