Friday, March 15, 2013

March 13--Dear Elder Installment

Today is Friday and Dad and the kids have a day off school.  Katrina has play practice, Thomas has band camp, and Miriam is staying home till the evening unless she hangs out with me and Dad.   Dad and I will be putting in the kitchen sink today.  Yay!!  After that, we will still have a couple of cabinets to be replaced and then the fridge can be put back where it goes and the painters can finish painting.  It has been a loooong process, but it looks great :)

Yesterday Elizabeth and her two youngest came over to visit, and we had lots of fun.  I had fun giving her a tour of our new kitchen and feeding her girls lots of good food.  Later, Dad and I went out for awhile and then we went home to get me some sleep.  I am having serious non-sleep issues and it's really beginning to affect me.  We are trying natural sleep aids, but so far no good.  I have been up since 3:00 am :(  I sure hope that my lack of sleep won't spoil our day.  Thomas had a get together with friends at Hayden's last night and Miriam went shopping with two friends.  They ended up her afterward to watch a movie.  Jon and Katrina bought and ate cookies.

It has been a nice week.  Thomas is doing track and he says he's not very good, but he likes working hard and trying to improve.  He's not into competing with anyone except himself.  Katrina has been practicing for a play called Eiffel Tower ...something.  I can never remember.  She is performing it on Monday, so that is what we will do for family home evening that day.  Miriam had an hour long job interview with State Farm, and they were really impressed with her, so we'll see what happens with that.  Just now Miriam came in and said she has another interview today at 2:30.  Pretty exciting!

Also this week Cassandra, Lily, and I were able to SKYPE which was really fun!  Cassandra's been decorating her house and it really looks cute.  She's getting to be quite crafty.  Lily is really talking.  My favorite thing that she says is, "I'm Lily!"  Emerson is working more these days so they moved Lily's bedtime back an hour so that she can see her daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment