Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dear Elder--Wrapping Up My Weekly Letter To Matt

Dear Elder,
Hi, How are you?  I hope your week has been a good one.  I have been praying that you will be inspired to know where to go and what to do in order to find people and bring them to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  Thank you for your words about Lehonti on the hill Onidah.  They are especially applicable to us at this time.  I think I have the lesson for FHE this week, but I'm not sure.  If I do, I want to give a lesson on what you said.  I'm sorry you saw nothing come of the inspired conversations that you had with people last week, but it may have planted the seed of truth, and someday it may grow.  How are things going this week?  I hope you are well and happy and that you like our letters.  

(Blog note:  I will insert the other letter installments here.)

It is now Sunday.  Yesterday Dad wanted to take off.  Thomas was still at his camp out and Miriam and Katrina were cleaning their room, so we left, just us.  We had a very nice time being together.
We got back at about 6:00.  Thomas said he had a nice camp out.  They let them sleep in cabins because of the weather, and he didn't have to leave early, because there was no way we would be able to drive to all that snow to pick him up.  Dad took a nap while Miriam, Katrina, Thomas, and I cooked dinner.  It was lots of fun to cook it together, because the kitchen has been torn up for so long, we have not had that opportunity for awhile.  We made breakfast for dinner.  When Dad woke up, we had a delicious meal together, and  Jonathan joined us, too, which was nice.

After dinner, we played a game that I had played while I was away for Celeste's wedding called "Who, what, where."  We didn't have the actual cards, so we made our own.  It is a drawing game, and we enjoyed trying to figure out each other's pictures.  I am so glad we had some time together, yesterday!

Today we will have about 2 hours together as a family before I have to leave for meetings.  We are hoping to Skype with Cassandra, Emerson, and Lily.  Cassandra says Lily is very into babies right now and likes to put them to bed and give them loves.  She said she found the manger with baby Jesus in it from the Fisher Price play set that Sarah gave her, and was so excited.  She carried it around and babied it all day.  She says "popcorn" and "chicken nuggets" now.  She is really beginning to talk.  I can't wait to Skype!

Well, Matt, I love you so much!  The thought of you on a mission fills me with joy.  We will keep praying for you, of course, and I know that Heavenly Father will bless you.  He loves you so much and is with you at every step.  Have a wonderful week, full of the Spirit!

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment