Friday, March 15, 2013

March 10--Letters from the Family to Matt


Dear Matt,

Today Preston went off to the Marines and we are all really sad that he is leaving. He's like a brother now. On  Wednesday I smashed my finger in weight training and got blood all over the weights. I went into shock and was wandering around the school 'til my friend finally helped me.  I was rushed to the Doctor's by Dad.  The Doctor took forever because he's a JERK!  I got four stitches and found out that my bone was fractured. It was pretty fun.  Now Katrina and I both have gross finger stories.  The play went well.  A lot of people liked my Jamaican accent and said I did really good.  I only messed up, like, five times.  My face really hurts from the makeup.  How many people have you baptized?  Tell me about it, because I don't know.  I love you!

Love,
Thomas
(Typed by the ever charitable and kind Katrina, due to the fact that the dictator of the letter could not type because of the aforementioned fractured finger.)

Dear Elder,

How's Mexico?  Utah's getting warmer.  It was 51 degrees today.  I went to Thomas's play on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. It was pretty good for a Jr. High play.  I found out that I might have gotten a part in the one act that we're doing.  Some kid quit, or something like that.  I'm pretty excited.  Like Thomas said, he hurt his finger.  It looks pretty gross, but not as gross as my finger was.  Third term is almost over.  I have one A- in math.  :P  I took the ACT plan test on Saturday.  It was really easy.  I finished all of the sections.  So how do you feel your mission has helped you?  It's great that you decided to go.  Are you enjoying living somewhere else?  Does it make you appreciate the U.S. more?

Love,
Katrina

Matt,

Preston went to the Marines today. I can't believe it. I'm still stunned. I hope you had a good week!  I'm sorry I'm not writing much, I'm just having a hard night.

Miriam

Dear Matt,
Yeah, Miriam IS having a bad night, but she was really brave for Preston, We had him over for breakfast and then went to Stake Conference with us.  BTW, Thomas was AMAZING as Sebatian, I am so proud of him.  So I don't think I've told you for awhile but I think you are hilarious when you send us your videos and pictures, I totally get your humor.  It does drive Mom crazy but I think it is very funny.  So yeah, it shinks having mom gone but she is having fun with her sisters.  I felt very alone Saturday, I'd had a hard and frustrating day and everyone was gone.  I almost bought a ticket to watch OZ, the Great and Powerful, a prequal of the Wizard of Oz that Disney did, It is supposed to be really good, but then I realized I wouldnt be home when everybody got home so I just went to Cabelas instead.

 I had to work at the laundry today for like 4 hours, See Vic used to be the one who waxed the floor, but he just isn't up to it anymore, so I had to strip it and wax it and buff it, I have to do that every few months and the only day you can do it is Sunday.  Sigh, So do you ever see crowds of Gringos from the cruise ships?, do people ever think you are a tourist? do you ever see famous people?  Are there very many members there?  We went to a Catholic Mission that was about a half hour from Cabo, it was like the first one there, the Indians killed all of the Priests the first time.  So do you ever run into Priests or nuns?  I always had really good experiences when I did in Japan, but I have heard that not so much in Mexico, they see you as more of a threat, I hope that is not true.  I pray for you and am so proud, I love to hear your letters,  Miriam didn't tell you but she got a full scholarship to UVU so she is excited about that.  I hope you have a wonderful week
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment