Saturday, March 2, 2013

Feb 25--Letters to Matt


Dear Son,
I hope that you have had a wonderful week in beautiful, poverty stricken Cabo San Lucas.  So did you know that a lot of Hollywood stars own houses down there?  Yup, Jonny Depp, Brad Pitt, and others I cant remember.  Have you been in the mall down there?  Mom and I walked through it.  We also walked around outside of the tourist area a little bit so that I could find a pharmacy and buy some prescription tetracycline to bring back.  Yeah, you can buy any antibiotic you want without a prescription down in Mexico.  

So how is the work going for you?  are you excited to hear about the new missions in Mexico?  World wide there are like 58 new missions and 7 of them are in Mexico!  That is over one thousand more missionaries in Mexico.  It is truly an exciting time to be alive.

So I survived being Marci-less till Tuesday last week, and Mom is barely surviving being Lily-less.  I spent Saturday working at the laundry and at home getting the house ready to be carpeted and touch-up painted.  I was mudding walls where there are imperfections.  

So I have been working at the Jail teaching GED, I am really starting to enjoy the success I am seeing there.  I have got several guys there to earn their GED that otherwise would never have done it.  This week another teacher called me about my Japanese language ability.  it seems that there is an exchange student at Landmark High School from Japan and he is going to be in the Science Fair and they want judges that can speak Japanese.  I pointed out that unless his project was about the nature of God I doubt that I would understand much and it has been 27 years since I have been back, but they said that even someone with a small knowledge of Japanese was better than someone with no knowledge and they said they would have 3 other Judges that would have some knowledge so they just needed a 4th. So I get to do that Tuesday. 

I love your letters!  We always read them on Family Night.
Well,
Gotta Go, I love you and am so proud of you!
Love,
Dad

Dear Matt, 
I'm sixteen and I have been for 6 months. :p I played Cherished Moments by John Schmidt for the piano solo.  I'm going to watch the school spring play, The Crucible, tomorrow.  I saw a run through of it on Wednesday; it's so good!  I haven't done much with my life lately.  I've just been watching Downton Abbey and trying to get my NG fixed.  Oh, and school.  
So how are you liking Cabo San Lucas?  In Seminary, we've been learning a lot about faith.  I realized that faith is not good enough.  We have to move on to the next stage, knowing.  We may fall back to faith sometimes, but we can't stay there, or else we move backwards.  I've asked my Seminary teacher what the gift of faith was, but he was very vague about it, and I don't really understand.  What do you think it is?  Why is it a gift?  Why isn't knowledge a gift instead?  I've looked it up in the scriptures, but they don't answer that specifically, they just mention it as a gift.  If you could help me out with that, that would be great.  Email me what you think at my email address.  You don't have to answer next week, but it would be nice to get the answer soon.  :)  
Love,
Katrina  

Matt,

Preston's doing great! About waiting till you get back, it takes two to get married so you'll have to convince Preston too! :) So you're in Cabo? How fun! I wish I was there :/ It's so cold up here! I thought we were going to get some spring weather, but it wasn't so. I didn't do much last week. . .Preston is leaving for basic training on March 10th so he and I are trying to hang out as much as possible before he leaves. This Wednesday is my birthday and I'll finally be turning 18! How are you liking Cabo? How are you doing? Have a great week!

Miriam

Dear matt,
Oh!! I meant that we did the same thing the next day, not we did the next thing yesterday, for the stand-up I did a roast to the people in the ward like Sister Bate is short and stuff like that, sadly we did not record it but I would send it to you if someone had. Wanna know something funny? We were watching Ben Hur and there's a part in the ship were they say “ramming speed!” well I had seen that a long time ago and I didn’t understand I thought that they meant sheep speed, like a ram is a sheep, anyways when we were watching it right before he said “ramming speed” I said hey isn’t this when they say sheep speed? Then everyone laughed at me cus they are mean, anyways that’s all that’s been happening to me lately, bye.
-THomas

No comments:

Post a Comment