Friday, March 15, 2013

March 11--"Chatting" with Matt

I checked my email and found a video posted by Matt just a couple of minutes earlier.  I emailed him real quick and he answered.  Here is some of our conversation.


Me
Are you on right now?

Matt
yes.

Me
Hi!  How was your week?


Matt
it went very well, there are a lot of things that I need to improve and change this week but, it was a great week.

Me
How was it great?


Matt
you´ll just have to wait for my letter now wont you?
haha


Me
Ha ha, I guess so!  My plane was 3 hours late getting in today :(  But I'm home now :)  Is your companion there?  Tell him "Hi."  I don't know what questions to ask because I don't know what will be in your letter :)

Matt
haha, ok ask away and I'll tell you if they are in the letter or not.


Me
What teaching did you do this week?


Matt
teaching? Well we talked a lot about faith and what it is. what do you consider to be faith?


Me
Hmmm....Faith to be faith must be centered in the Lord Jesus Christ.  Faith is the first principle of the gospel.  Faith is knowing that with God, everything will work out.  Faith increases with faithfullness.  Faith produces great power.  Faith is hope in things that are not seen that are true.  Faith is not faith unless it is tried...  What are your thoughts?


Matt
faith is the confidence in something or someone that leads to accion. w/o accion there is no faith. :)


Me
The BD says faith must be centered in Christ to produce salvation.  Ya, faith doesn't just increase with faithfullness (righteous actions), it is produced through faithfullness.

Matt
I didn't quite understand that last sentence, could you explain it more?


Me
Pretty much, I was using the word "faithfullness" in place of action.  I think it means the same thing.  Righteous action leads to faith and increases our faith.  You make an important point that I neglected--faith is all about action!!!


Matt
haha, yeah, well faith in Jesus Christ is the confidence in Him and that through following Him we will be able to be eternally happy. Anything any one does in this life is to make them happy, in the present or future, having faith in Jesus Christ is trusting enough that His path will lead to the most happiness, and the secret to being happy (or having joy) is to look out, and not in.

Me
Wow Matt, that is amazing.
I have to remember your secret to being happy.  You are so right!


Matt
gotta go! haha, that's why Hevenly Father can't/wont bless a sinner with the celestial kingdom, because it would be a hell for them, not a heaven.


Marsi Upial
Wow, Matt. That makes so much sense.

Bye, Matt.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment