Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Chatting" with Matt

Monday I was on the email with Matt, so we emailed back and forth for awhile.  Here's our conversation:

Me:  Hi, Matt.  Are you on?
Matt:  Yup.  :)
Me:  Cool!  How are you today?
Matthew:  I'm doing very well, hah, and you?
Me:  I'm doing really good. I know you need time to read your letters. Should I not email you more?
Matthew:  No, don't worry about it, I'm already writing, I read fast. That was a great experience that you had with Thomas.
Me:  Ya, it was really amazing.  Have you had any cool experiences lately?  You can just add them to your family letter.  We have lots of questions like why did you attend a seminary for awhile and how do you like your new companion.
Matthew:  well, seminary is basically a chance to learn new things with the mission president. It isn't like a normal seminary. I don't know why he chose me as one of the people to attend, but I'm sure glad that he did.
Me:  Wow, that is so cool! Have you been able to apply anything that you have learned?
Matthew:  hah.... Yes. Every day almost every moment. There are so many things that we can do if we are really dedicated to change. I learned a lot from seminary and a lot from applying the things I learned there.
Me:I hope you can tell us about some of your experiences.  How do you like your new companion?
Matt:  He's great, I'll try to write about the experiences but I think the letter is gonna be more about something else. Mom, Thanks for always reading the scriptures to us and praying. Looking back... That helped a lot.
Me:  Whatever your letter is about, I will love it.  Should I leave you to your writing, or can we talk more?
Matt:  Don't worry, I still have a little bit of time. :) how you been?
Me:  Really good, Matt.  After Friday's attitude adjustment, I am doing great.  Today we got new, carpet, by the way.  The two guys who installed it couldn't speak much Spanish and I wanted to tell them that you are in Mexico on a mission, but I didn't know if they'd understand me.  They did a beautiful job installing the carpet.  Our house is sure looking nice!
Matt:  That's great! I gotta go now but it sure was fun talking to you. Mom, I didn't get to write to you but I hope that you like the letter I did write. I love you!
Me:  Bye, Matt!
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment