Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mar 2--Letter to Matt Installment: Birthday, Temple, Carpet, DECA, Play

Today is Saturday and the temperature is supposed to be up in the fifties.  We are so excited.  We hope we can get outside and do something as a family.  Sadly, Thomas is cooped up at the school having an all-day play rehearsal.  It will be over around 5:00.  His play starts in 4 days.  I can't wait to see it.  He likes his costume okay but says smells stinky.  

Miriam is working at the laundry to earn money, and Preston is also there keeping her company.  Dad is there, too, doing his Saturday work.  Katrina and I are at home, and I think Jon is here, too.  He has to work today, I think.  Katrina got back from Children's Choir practice about an hour ago and I am going to a baptism in a half hour.  

Yesterday Dad and I went to the temple.  It was so nice to be there!  I am really thankful that I am married to a man worthy in every way to enter into the House of the Lord, and that I can be with him there.  I really felt the Spirit of the temple, and I know going there blesses our marriage and our family.  After that we ate Mexican food and came home to watch a film noir.

Miriam and Katrina spent all day Thursday and Friday at a DECA conference, and guess what...they won third place and qualified for nationals!  Pretty exciting, huh?  We are so proud of them!  They didn't have a very fun trip otherwise, but survived it okay.

Thursday night Dad worked at the laundry, so it was just me and Thomas.  I let him decide what we should have for dinner and he chose to buy a rotissiere chicken.  He also wanted jalapeno Cheetos, so I told him the jalapeno could be our vegetable.  It was a very balanced meal.  We got a Redbox movie, and invited Jon to eat and watch it with us.  We three had a very nice evening together.

Miriam turned 18 Wednesday, and she and Preston were excited that they could finally go out on a single date alone.  Miriam was happy because school was a half day that day, so they had a nice long date.  First they went out for lunch, then they went shopping at D.I.  You may not know this, but shopping at DI takes a looooong time, and poor Preston got to watch Miriam pick out and try on clothes.  They came back here for dinner and lemon cake and icecr eam.  Katrina and I cooked and frosted the cake, but Miriam decorated it and it was very pretty.  

After that, Dad and I had a visit from Steve and Brother Foster.  I guess the Elder's Quorum does stake visits, and since Brother Foster is the Elder's Quorum Pres. as well as our home teacher, he asked to visit us.  While we did that, the kids went to the nickle arcade together.  Preston had 6 coupons for free admission, so that's why they took the kids.  They seemed to have fun and came home happy.

Tuesday I substituted for a very easy class, thank goodness, because I am always sleep deficit and couldn't have handled a hard class that day.  Monday we got new carpet.  Hooray!  The house is so pretty.  We still are sink-less, but I hope we will have one before I go to Celeste's wedding at the end of next week. 

Welp, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment