Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Last Email From Matt Before He Leaves the MTC

Hey! this is going to be my last letter from the MTC, so I'm going to get some information out befor I start. Mom, if you want any pictures, you are going to have to send me a few SD cards for my camera. I cannot send you mine until I have a new one, there is a big chance that it will get lost in the mail. I don't know how I'm going to do it but I am going to copy the pictures down somewhere, maybe if you sent me a 16 gig flash card or something like that.

Thank you all so much for that last package! It was super great! I still need those 4 hangers and my suite coat hanger if that's at all possible, if it isn't that's ok :) I don't need them super bad. Ok, I think that that's about it.

Half of our district is gone and I really miss them, we really grew a lot together and it's weird not having them here with us. We are leaving on Monday and that also seems very weird to me but I am looking forward to it with anticipation and a little nerviousness.  Oh! If it's possible, anyone that can should try to stay around the house in the morning on Monday because I'm going to call and say "Hi." I don't know how much time I'll have to talk but I know that we are allowed to do that.

We had a wonderful devotional yesterday with 10 of the 12 apostles present. It was about some of the church statistics. Before that on Sunday we watched a talk that Elder Bednar gave called: "the character of Christ" It was amazing and I wish that I could get a print out of it! Basically he said that having a testimony is good, but that's not enough, we need to be converted to Christ. Then he went in depth about just one aspect of the Character of Christ. Christ never ever turned inward, he was always always looking out for everyone else. Elder Bednar told us, and this is important, that a characteristic is highly developed, highly consistent and also highly visible. He also said that we should all search them out, because without the character of Christ, there wouldn't have been an atonement. He then said that it might be a good idea to buy a cheap copy of the standard works, bible and BOM, and with them look for other characteristics of Christ and how they are manifested and mark them. He then ended by saying that becoming converted is just being consistently true to your testimony. That was an amazing talk, I feel like there is still a lot to get out of it.

Umm, so you all ready for some more spiritual stuff? Cause that's about all I have haha! Ok, In D&C 122 while I was reading that, I realized that God asks us to do hard things, he knows us intimately and he know how difficult anything is for us. In D+C 122, I really feel like The Lord had tears in his eyes during that whole revelation, and at the end where He says basically: Know that all these things shall be for thy benefit, He is not apologizing. He knows what each of us needs, there is a perfect Plan and that Plan is being enacted daily. I am having a great time, it is hard sometimes but it's worth it.

How are all of you doing? Are the kids trying to read? How is Jon doing? What is everyone up to now that EFY is over and everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment