Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26--Dear Elder: Family Home Evening, Jon's Job, Skyping with Lily, Family News

Sorry about the format of this post.  I can't figure out how to fix it. 
Dear Elder,

Good morning!  Consider this letter your good-morning hug.  How are you? 
I hope you are doing well.  I know you are eating well, ha ha.  Actually,
I hear the food gets pretty old pretty quick.  I ate at a cafeteria on campus for two weeks in college while they remodeled the kitchens at the on campus apartments where I lived, and I ended up eating lots of yogurt, fruit, and salads. What do you like
there?

We had a nice Family Home Evening on Sunday night.  Dad talked about our
freedom and how we are free because Heavenly Father blesses us, and we
need to be righteous in order to stay free.  He was referring to us as a
nation, and it also applies to us as individuals.  I talked about The
Family: A Proclamation to the World.  We had a nice time discussing these
things as a family.

Yesterday Dad, Miriam, and Thomas all worked.  Katrina was home and we
rode bikes down to the river bottoms and along part of the river trail. 
It was very fun and a good work out.  We also cleaned and grocery shopped.
 It was so fun having Katrina with me!  Last night was family night and we
all went to the laundry and washed clothes.  Pretty fun, huh?  While the clothes washed, we walked up to the frozen yogurt place by campus to see if they had sugar free yogurt, which they did, so we got frozen yogurt and had fun eating it and talking.  Then, Dad went hiking up to the "Y" while we
dried, folded, and hung the clothes.  Dad got back just as we finished,
and we read scriptures in the car on the way home.

Jonathan started his job, Monday.  They had him dig holes all day.  I
guess it was pretty bad because he called this morning to say his back is
killing him, and he can't go in today, so that's the end of that job.  He
is just resting his back today, I think, but he hopes he can get other
temporary jobs soon.  I do, too!

Yesterday we Skyped with Lily's family.  Emerson was home sick, and Lily was
just getting over being sick.  We has lots of fun visiting, and Lily was
pretty active for being sick, dancing on her mommy's lap, and jabbering. 
It's so fun that she will interact with us now.

Well, Matt.  I'm still studying PMG and I am learning to ponder more.  My
goal today is to try to see others without letting myself get in the way. 
Does that make sense?  Listen with love and no fear, no judging, no wondering about
how what they are saying affects me.  Basically seeing them as God sees
them.

Well, Thomas has a Scout physical in less than thirty minutes, so I've got
to go shower.  Have a wonderful day!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment