Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Email from Matt!

We got this email from Matt today :) 

Hey! Yes, I wasn't here last week on my usual P-day, I did send a letter though and I expect that you will probably get it today :) Thanks for all of the Dear elders and E-mails. I hope that EFY is good for Katrina and Thomas. 

On P-days we wake up super early, then go to the temple, get back and E-mail, do personal study and from there on out the whole day is pretty much weird, we have nothing scheduled until about 5:25 which is dinner and then class, so, we do laundry, we can go to the gym, we can get sack lunches and write letters,. We sleep and play games and just goof off a bit here and there. Then class starts again and
we get back down to business.

Mom asked all what I needed before I head out, and I guess what I need is...  4 more hangers, my suite hanger, a back scratch er, my other pair of shoes, and... I think that's about it... or that's all that I can think of.

Jon, Miriam, Mom,and Dad, I hope your week is going well and that you all are having fun! Mom, you mentioned something about Pondering in your last Dear elder, I was a little confused because you said that you wanted to ponder more, "Which is not something I have never been good at," I tried to decode that, and all I can come up with is that you and I are very close because you don't feel the need to clarify yourself and to use double negatives ;) because we understand each other on a "higher plain" ha ha! Well anyway, I don't have my study journal with me right now, with the exact quote, but I heard something last night in our devotional that answered my question about pondering. I also don't know how to ponder very well.  President Robbins, our speaker, said that it is almost impossible to ponder unless we have a question in our minds. I bet that you already have a specific question in your mind and try to ponder it, but maybe that will help. Another interesting point that he shared was that most revelation comes early in the morning, and that we almost never receive an answer to our prayers while we are on our knees. There are so many good talks and devotionals here, I'm really going to miss that when I get to the field, and, in answer to your other question, I leave on July 2nd, a week and 5 days from today. I love you all! I'm trying to think if you had any other questions for me to answer but I haven't written any thing else in my planner... So I'm guessing not.  

Spanish is going well, we spoke only in Spanish yesterday and it was challenging and fun at the same time. Half of our district leaves on this Tuesday and we leave on the Monday. We are all excited but then again, we are all scared witless. That reminds me, If you want any of the pictures that I've taken here, you are going to have to send me a memory card (or two!!!) and then I will send you the one with the pictures that I have taken on it. I have seen Tanner around here and it's been very fun to talk to him. I love you all! Please send a BACK
SCRATCH-ER!!!!

-Love
   Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment