Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7--Dear Elder: Yesterday's happenings, Today's Plans, Gospel Study

Dear Elder,
Hi!  How are you doing?  I hope your prep day was nice, yesterday.  It was good to get your emails and we look forward to a letter, also.  I also hope your cold is a thing of the past by now.  If not, I hope the Airborne will help.

Yesterday afternoon started off with me driving back into the kids' work to get the girls because they had closed the water park due to bad weather.  On the way home, we did our Walmart and grocery store shopping.  It was so good to get that all done.  After we got things put away, I crashed for awhile.  Then Dad came home, and I didn’t get anything done the rest of the day.  Instead, we set the kids up with a movie and we went out to eat Mexican food and then went for a walk all around campus.  We were thinking of seeing “Snow White and the Huntsman,” but I changed my mind.  I’m thinking it may be too dark.  I’ll have to read up on it more.  Anyway, when we got home we had scriptures and prayer with Grandma and the kids.  Shortly thereafter, Julie called me, and we had a fun time talking for awhile.  She’s having a nice break this week because only her two youngest are home.  Rebekah and Corrina are at girls camp, and Richard is in Ogden, UT at EFY.  I’m glad she called!

Today Thomas leaves for the Varsity Rendezvous,  Miriam and Katrina work, and I am going to do the finances no matter what.  I am also giving blood in the afternoon.  Dad is now the blood drive coordinator in the ward.  Hey, I’m not so sure that he is giving blood, so why am I?  Just kidding.  I just signed up because I want to.  His being the coordinator makes it easier to remember to go, though.

In Preach my Gospel this morning, I read blessings promised to faithful members of the church found in Joseph Smith’s dedication prayer of the Kirtland temple.  I also have been reading in 2 Ne. 8 in which the Lord pleads with His righteous people to trust in Him and not in man and the arm of the flesh.  Those scriptures along with the ones in Jn. 15 that I read earlier this week have really encouraged me to increase my faithfulness by abiding in Christ and not to seek comfort or peace in the things of the world.  I hope your studying has been fruitful as well, and that you are filled with the Spirit.

 Every night and morning I pray that you will have the Holy Ghost to be with you and that you will learn all that you need to know and be prepared in every way to teach the good people in Mexico.  Just yesterday Dad was saying how glad he is that you are going to Mexico, and I couldn’t agree more.  I know it is the place that Heavenly Father wants you to go.  Hang in there, keep studying, and pray always!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment