Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dear Elder,

Well, it is Tuesday, and tomorrow is P day. I'm sure you are looking forward to a bit of rest.

Yesterday we got to eat dinner together as a family and Grandma joined us. After we put Grandma back in bed, we went to Home Depot as a family. That was our family home evening. Not ideal, but it was nice to be together. Afterwards we stopped for Slurpees.

It is another busy day for us. We are supposed to go to the dentist, but many of us may not be able to make it. I feel really bad about that, and I don't quite know what will happen. I guess we'll see.

The other day, I mentioned that I liked 1 Cor. 2:4 and you said you had no access to scriptures when you email, so here is what it says, "And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power." I hope my speech can be of the Spirit and not of my own wisdom as I teach the family. Today I read John 15. My favorite verse in that chapter has always been v. 4 which says, " Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." I really needed this reminder to abide in our Savior.

Sorry this letter isn't real newsy. There is not much to write yet. I love you very much, Matt. Have a wonderful day!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment