Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dear Elder,

Hi.  How are you?  We are good.  I tried to send a letter by pouch so that you would have it in Mexico soon after you arrive, but it disappeared into the stratosphere.  I will try again later.  The pouch deadline is not till Monday the 2nd.  I hope you will get the letter the same week.

I guess you weren't able to email yesterday, but we hope we get one more letter from you before you leave.  Hopefully it will come tomorrow so that if you ask for anything, we can get it to you.  We will send you a package with the rest of the stuff you asked for on Saturday.

Yesterday was a good day.  Thomas was home from work and had to go get a physical.  His mother, who wasn't thinking very brightly, got him an appointment with the female nurse practitioner which was pretty embarrassing for him, but he handled it cool-ly.  He got a well-deserved ice cream cone afterwards.

Thomas helped me out a lot by hanging up Grandma's clothes and cleaning with me.  He also had fun Skyping with EFY friends and swimming at Jayden's.  The Taggs moved, but TJ and Loretta are renting the house across the street, and Jayden goes over there to swim.

Katrina got home later on and we went to the grocery store together.  She watered the plants (which takes about a half hour) and sat with Grandma, and watched Smallville.

Grandma is really attached to the kids.  Last night we all said prayer in her room and then about 15 minutes later she asked me if I knew where they were.  When I told her they were just in the other room, she said she was just making sure they weren't lost or something.  The other day, I was sitting with Grandma, and Katrina made a loud noise in the kitchen.  Grandma said, "that's one of the babies."
She still remembers Thomas's name, too.  He quizzes her on it every day, just to make sure.

When Dad got home, he put more of his currency up on ebay and that took him the rest of the day.  He worked from the time he woke up till the time he went to bed, pretty much, except for meals.  I slacked in the evening and wasted time on Pinterest.

Today I made dad oatmeal and boiled eggs for breakfast and a sandwich, apple, and pickled eggs for lunch.  I also baked muffins for the kid's breakfast and cut up a head of lettuce and packed it up along with dressing, apples, peaches, and muffins for Miriam so that she will have food to eat at work. Now I am writing to you :)

I didn't hear from Jon any more yesterday.  I hope his back got to feeling better.  I wonder when his roommates will show up.  I hope he gets another job, soon!  Last night Grandma called to get Jon's address so that she can send him a birthday card.  I'm glad he will be getting that since he already got his birthday present from us.

It was fun to talk to Grandma and Grandpa.  Great Grandma Haws came over on Sunday to stay with them for a week, but she went home again yesterday.  I guess she just plain wanted to be home.  I can understand that.

I've been wanting to share this post by Cassandra with you, it's so cute!  Here it is...

"Never leave your computer during an email chat:

me:
 
  any idea when I should expect you?
2:21 PM Emerson: Regular time.
2:22 PM me: k. love you
2:23 PM ..
  ..
  .
  .
  .
  +.
  .3321413652
  51
  3.
  .
  .3302004.04500.
 Emerson: um
 me: 2
  ..0.
2:24 PM 33333333
 Emerson: do you think you're using excel?
 me: .035.0..45.
 Emerson: or is that Lily?
 me: 47..303.00000000000.233333333333333333333333333.00000000000001
  ..33333.
  96
  .
  .
  +6
 Emerson: Hi Lily"

Isn't that cute!


How did I do on my study goal yesterday?  Not real good.  It is so hard to apply what I've learned!  Still, I'm learning that it is a process.  Yesterday and the day before, I remembered what I learned throughout the day even though that rarely translated into living it.  Still, it is a step.  The word of God turns to spirit and fills our hearts with the Holy Ghost.  So I'm still trying to move the word from my mind to my heart, and I feel like I am making progress even though I fail often.

Well, have a wonderful day, Matt.  May the Spirit of the Lord be with you as you prepare to go out into the mission field to teach God's beloved Mexican people.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment