Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4--Dear Elder

This letter was written in response to a letter that Matt wrote to us which we received on Saturday.  Unfortunately, I can't find the letter, but as soon as I do, I'll post it.  It's a nice one.


Dear Elder,

Hi!  How are you?  We sure enjoyed getting your letters and your emails!  We are back from camp and we had a lot of fun.  Also, Grandpa and Grandma were here to see Esther get baptized.  They just left for home this morning.  Now, we're back to normal.  "Normal" for me being taking care of Grandma Sally and driving the kids to and from work.

I'm glad you are enjoying learning the Spanish language, and I hope that your cold is better.  It is really interesting that the time has flown so quickly for you.  That's probably a good thing, don't you think?  Hey, I just realized that I can send you a couple of pictures of missionaries already in the field.  I'll try to get pictures that show what it looks like in Mexico.  I need to send you some Zicam or Airborne so that you can take it when you get colds.

About camp, it was really fun.  Some highlights:  Our "Footsteps of Christ" activity went well, and it was so good to do it with my girls.  I really felt the Holy Ghost as I introduced my beloved daughters and we recounted the time Christ blessed the children one by one.  Miriam taught some amazing classes, and Katrina was there to learn what she had to teach and to learn what the other YCL's taught, too.  It was really wonderful.  The funny thing about camp is that it is so great when you are there, but it is soooo nice to get home.  I really missed Dad.

Dad worked very hard while I was gone, taking care of Grandma and working.  He started early in the morning and usually went till late at night.  He was so sweet to do it all and didn't even complain.  I am so happy to be back home with him.  I love him so much.

While I was gone, Thomas spent most of the time that he wasn't working, sitting with Grandma and keeping her company.  He has some fun games he plays with her.  He will make an animal sound and she guesses the animal.  Sometimes she makes a sound and he guesses.  Another one he does is a rhyming game.  He says he tries really hard to say words that don't rhyme with anything inappropriate, but often, Grandma finds inappropriate words anyway. He also got Grandpa and Grandma all set up with blankets and towels when they came to stay.  He's a real sweet heart and I missed him.

Dad says that Grandma Sally didn't say much while I was gone, and he thinks she missed me.  She had a beautiful smile for me when I saw her again.  He said she also didn't get out in her chair much while I was gone.  He and Thomas did take her for a walk, which was nice.

On Saturday, We went to Esther's baptism which was nice, but then the kids had to leave for work.  Dad took them.  They all had to miss Esther be confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Also, Moroni was ordained a deacon in the Aaronic priesthood.  It was a wonderful morning.  It was also nice to meet after wards for lunch at Elizabeth's house and visit with everyone even though Dad and the kids couldn't be there.

On Sunday, Sarah had a get together at her house.  This time the whole family went.  We had good food and conversation, but no one wanted to play the "bunny bunny" game from camp.  Why they didn't want to stand in a circle, flap their arms, chanting "choomba choomba; bunny bunny, or togi togi, I do not know.  It was pretty disappointing.  We did play "how was yours?" which was a fun game.

After we got home, Jon called us on Skype which was so great.  Dad was on a walk at the time, which was sad, but I got to talk to Jon for quite awhile.  He is installing again because he found out that selling involves a month of training and something else that I forget.  Anyway, he got his first paycheck which is nice and he also is now in a place where they seem to get lots of work.  I sure love him and I'm so glad that he's doing alright.

Cassandra posted some new videos of Lily on her blog!  They are so cute.  Man, is she a busy girl.  Cassandra tried to get Lily to say goodbye to the camera, but Lily thought Cassandra meant that they were going "Bye bye."  It  was really cute.  Emerson took a video of Lily getting ready to go mini golfing.  She had as cute little outfit on, but she hated wearing the shoes.  That reminds me of her mommy when she was little.

Well, that's the news.  I love you and miss you. I will answer your other letter as soon as I can.  I am sorry it is so hard for me to get to things.  I forgot to study Preach My Gospel this morning, but I will try again tomorrow.  Stay close to the spirit, and be happy! 
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment