Monday, April 29, 2013

April 28--Dear Elder: Letters from the Fam


Dear Matt,
So Katrina is yelling at me really loud right now because I am taking a long time to write this letter to you and she wants me to leave the downstairs so that she can practice her piano. I guess that I have to hurry up. I don’t see why she can’t practice her piano with me right here. It’s just the piano I mean come on. Well this week has kinda sucked because my grades are really bad and I haven’t been able to go to track because my knees and hip are hurting really bad, so I wouldn’t be able to compete very well even if I had went. But I still had fun with my friends. On Friday I went to my friends house and we did tons of things like breaking his tramp and going to the grocery store and the gas station and playing football and basketball and watching Spongebob. So that day was pretty fun. The rest of my week was boring and theres not much to tell you about. I better go because Katrina is yelling at me again. See Ya!
-Thomas

Dear Son,
So guess what?  I actually am taking the fam on a vacation, NOT to Disneyland, or anywhere I really want to go, but I actually listened to my darling children and decided to take them to the Shakespeare thingy, but only for a day because Miriam didn’t want to be there more than that, so then we will travel farther and have more fun, Man, I am getting soft in my old age.  A vacation should consist of me having fun and torturing my kids, HA HA.  To show you just how pathetically soft I have gone, I am thinking about getting into metal detecting, and since my kids have said they are interested in going too, instead of getting just one and then putting them off and never letting them do it while I have all of the fun, I am going to get two so that they can do it AT THE SAME TIME!!! Can you believe it?  Soon I might get totally kicked off the DARK SIDE!  BTW, I loved your letter, always love all of your letters, I actually hang on every word.  I know you are doing super awesome, even if you don’t always think so.  You are a wonderful missionary and make me proud!  I love you soo much.
Love,
Dad

Blog Note:  In her Letter, Katrina wrote that she is going to stay at the high school she is attending.  She also tells Matt that they got an "excellent" in the state drama competition.  She also asked a boy to the "Last Chance" dance.  No fun or frills, she just walked up and asked him.  He said yes, and then she came home to for money and permission, ha ha.  I remembering doing the same thing when I was a kid--first I asked the boy and picked out a dress, then I went home to ask my parents for money and permission.  Good thing neither they nor we said "no," or someone would have a lot of 'splainin' to do.

Matt,

Sorry about last week! Well, I do write Preston a lot but I am also in love with him and I'm going to marry him so you can't argue with that! Also, I write to you on my iPhone so the message looks way bigger. Sorry! How are you? I'm doing well! There's not much to tell. I work a lot.  Work takes up most of my time. Tell more stories about yourself!
Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment