Friday, April 5, 2013

April 1--Letter From Matt

This is a picture of me!  The dog wanted to kill me, but someone put a fence in his way, haha.
 
Hey mom, I liked the artistic manner that you slid the pictures in there! haha, that's awesome.  Thanks for the nice letter, I hope that you are all doing well with the fam at grandma and grandpa's house!

I miss you all, I'm gonna just write a general letter this week and try to answer some questions that you asked me, if you asked me any haha.

Dad, I was joking in the last letter, hope you didn't get offended or anything like that. haha.
 
Ok, to answer the peticion of Mom, (yeah, Spanish is messing up my vocabulary) Here's what we've been doing all week, we taught Praxedis but she still hasn't gotten an answer that the book of Mormon is true yet. She has payed tithing  and gone to church showing a lot of true intent but, I guess she hasn't read enough.... 
 
We met a 19 year old named Kamy, and the first lesson we had with him, he looked like someone out of the 90's, I expected to see someone else walk around the corner with a boom box on their shoulder. Please tell me that the ninety's aren't coming back in style. He's a good kid with a loooooooooooooottttt of questions for us, He says that he's an atheist but, really he's not. He just wants to know the truth. 
 
What else have we done.... well, Elder Rodriguez is going to go to Culiacán, aand I am getting a new companion, his name is Elder Campos, but he doesn't get here until tomorrow. His name means ''Fields'' and I haven't met him yet, so I think he's pretty new. Tomorrow, I'll have been a missionary for 11 months... A long time... wow.... Haha, well other things that are happening, There's a lot, and I couldn't write them all, but I love you all... 
 
A thought for this week
I'd just like to encourage you all to think about what you are spending your time on, and think about if it will be worth it in the long run, Don't waste time, it's one of the most valuable gifts that the Lord has given you and you can do many things with it. Here's a nice scripture that should help you all: 
 
 ''Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.'' (D+C 88:63)

Don't sacrifice that relationship that you could have with the Lord for anything. Where is your heart at? on what are your desires and priorities based? What do you need to change? How are you going to change? Make plans to do it, and then force yourself to do it.
oh, and thanks so much for all of the pictures!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment