Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 13--Dear Elder

Today is Saturday, and I have to go pick Katrina up from choir, soon, but I wanted to write a bit.  I really should write more, because the week becomes a blur otherwise.  Lets see, Dad has been teaching night school lately and it really wears him out.  Working at a desk from 9-5 is one thing, teaching a class from 8-6 is another.  I know from subbing that teaching is one of the most exhausting white collar jobs out there!  We saw Jonathan at Costco on Wednesday and he helped us upgrade our membership.  The fact that is cost effective for us to do it means that we spend waaaay too much money there, ha ha!  Miriam is working hard.  She writes lots of letters to Preston, and loves getting them in return.  Katrina went to Veronica's birthday party last night.  It was a dance, and Katrina wore her new Easter dress which we bought with the party in mind.  Thomas participated in his first track meet ever yesterday.  He took second in his heat in the 400 and he took third in long jump over all.  We are so proud of him!

 I did an inventory of the products in our house and did my monthly shoppings.  I went $300 over budget on that, ha ha.   I also did a bit of subbing and some training for my little testing job which starts again next week.  I babysat for Elizabeth twice and had a camp meeting at the house.  Cassandra has been helping me figure out my new smart phone and I really have appreciated that.  I also got to Skype with her and Lily!  Everyone loved our new kitchen.  Dad and I went to a play last night, "Enchanted April."  This woman had changed it to have singing.  I liked the idea since singing is a good way for a play to express the inner thoughts of it's characters, but it wasn't done real well.  Still, it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment