Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 14--Second Letter to Matt Today, Last installment for the week

Now it is Sunday night, and I am getting ready to send this letter off since I work doing testing tomorrow and won't be around to send it off then.  My bosses must like the way I've been doing the testing because they asked me and four other women from the testing team of about 20 women to do some extra testing this coming week.  It is a mixed blessing since I could really use the money from the extra days and I could really use the time staying at home.

Cassandra called this morning.  She has been so nice to help me figure out my smart phone.  That's the thing about smart phones, you have to be smart, and I'm not!

Later, I went to church with a heart heavy and discouraged.  I could only see the ways we are not measuring up to what we need to be.  I said a prayer before I went, though, that I would find peace in the talks and lessons, and I did.  It was one of many ways that my prayers were answered today.

After church, I prayed a lot that we would be able to spend time as a family today, because no matter how hard I tried, things weren't working out as far as that goes.  Then, for no apparent reason, everyone congregated in the living room, and we had a wonderful Sunday evening together, no finagling required, ha ha.

Also, I had been praying and talking to Dad about a way that the family could earn money together to contribute to the general missionary fund of the Church like the prophet asked us to do, but nothing had worked out yet.  Tonight, Heavenly Father helped me remember to suggest to Dad that we read a conference talk, so we read President Monson's talk where he asked members to contribute, and when it was my turn to share an insight, I brought it up, and we decided to go to the laundry tomorrow night and work as a family to earn money for the fund.  Done.  Last week we couldn't find a time to do it, and we originally had something going tomorrow, but I didn't stop praying and the something got postponed, and everything worked out.

Small and simple answers to prayer, but so comforting to know that God hears me and will help us when I pray.

Well, that's about it, Matt.  Have a wonderful week.  I fasted for you today and I know that will help you somehow.  We love reading your letters, and we love you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment