Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8--Dear Elder: Exerpts from Letters to Matt from the Fam


Blog note:  I told Katrina that I wouldn't post her letters to Matt without her permission, and since she is at school, I'll just say that she told Matt that she enjoyed our trip to my parents, and asked Matt if he watched conference.

 Dear Matt,

Well, no, I was not offended, just paranoid!  We had a great time on our trip, We saw Great Grandma Haws and went with her to the Gilbert Temple, it is still under construction but they had a trailer with a missionary couple in it to tell you all about it.  We went on a hike to a spring and it was fun.
So, are you a senior companion now?  you have never really talked about that.  I hope the lady you are working with gets an answer and I hope that the 90's guy you are working with is coming along.
Did you get a chance to watch conference?  I doubt you did but I hope you did get the chance because it was wonderful.
I am not really looking forward to work tomorrow, but alas, I have no choice, I am looking forward to a little time off this summer. So I saw Rick and the old man at the Gold and Silver Pawn in Vegas!!  I didn't get to talk to them, but hey, it was cool.  It really was a good trip and it was good to see family.
I love you and pray for you
Love,
Dad

Hey Matt,

 Did you get to watch conference? I did of course; I barely even fell asleep too! Haha just kidding. So at Grandpa and Grandma's it was really hot but not to bad, we got to see the cousins only like three times but it was cool anyways. Celeste got married to a guy named Jacob, hes pretty cool and he plays the organ. He’s really good at it and  he actually let us play it and I played random notes it was really cool. So is that lady who doesn’t have a testimony of the book of Mormon actually reading it? Cus if she is I don’t know why she wouldn’t know it was true.

-Thomas

Matt,

We tried to send you videos that I took on my phone but they wouldn't work! My week was good, I stayed at home while everyone else went to Grandma and Grandpa's because I didn't want to ask for work off so soon. Work is going really well! I love my job! I work at State Farm just in case you forgot. I hope your week went well! I have a question for you, do Hispanics really eat quesadillas?

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment