Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 22--Email From Matt




Dear Katrina, you are the only person that's gonna get a letter this week (Well, other than Mom and Dad) so, how's it going? I thought the same thing about ''Mr. Krueger's Christmas'' haha, but I'm glad that you had a good time. That's about the same that I feel after a year of school, haha, how are you doing? Don't yell too much haha. :) A 3D to-scale stage design? Wow, tell me how that one goes, it sounds very hard and almost useless hahah.  Sorelle Voce will be a great opportunity if you make it, they always do cool things. So, did you decide to go to to the other high school or are you just going to stay there from now until the end of High School? Tell me how you did in state. So tell me more about ''Life'' :) I hope that you are doing very well this week. Keep on readin them scriptures of your'un Keep on reading the wee free men too!

Miriam and Thomas: Read my letter from last week and answer it please!

Mom, you said ''please'' in your letter so I guess I will have to tell you all about the trials and joys 'n all that good stuff, I only have enough time to write to you or about everything a little more in detail so, Knowing you I'm going to write more about my week and more in detail. hahah

Dad, I'm glad that you got to go battling, I hope that you didn't get hurt and your taste in books is absolutely boring hahaha :) and I am so glad to hear that you all got to go to the temple! haha, speaking of that, I was wondering if we could do that when I get home? Before we actually get to the house, I would like to go to the temple. I miss being able to go. That's a bum that you wont have any free time over the summer, well, I guess you never really did have a lot of free time over the summer anyway, :P haha. I am trying to keep a good journal but sometimes I don't write for a few weeks, actually I'm going to have to start writing again, because I stopped. It is pretty neat to be on the Lord's errand.

Well, to comply with mom's request, this week I will be focusing a little more into ''how things are going for [me]'' This week started off with us hearing that we were going to have interviews with President, that was nice to hear and I was looking forward to it, (that happend Monday) we managed to get everything done and we cleaned the house too, (Elder Campos is very tidy) we started working a tadd late and that always bugs me, I don't really remember what we did that day, but I'm sure it was good. Sorry, I don't have my agenda with me right now.

Tuesdays we have our district meeting and we do weekly planning, The Elders here have really just degraded that down to writing out who are their investigators and what they are going to teach them this next week, but not me 'n good ol Elder Campos, we followed all the steps and we finished late but that's ok. haha.

After that we had the meeting, and went to lunch. We ate with the Bishop, and that was good because we need to talk to him because this ward seems to have no ward mission plan and the members, although very good, aren't very excited about missionary work. We went and ate with him and asked for a chance to talk to him Wednesday at 7. He agreed and we left to go our own ways. unfortunately I don't remember what we did there but it was good too. haha.

Ok, so Wednesday in the morning we were going to go see an investigator who is really cool, His name is Martin, and he wants to be a christian missionary. He's about 40 years old and right now is living in Los Cabos but is going to move to another part of Mexico. But as we were walking over there, the Zone Leaders called us and they told us that there had been a change of plans and that we needed to go to the stake center an hour early at 11 instead of 12 o'clock. That threw us for a huge loop and we had to cancel the appointment and change it to another day.

We hurried to the stake center, we got lost because the bus took a different turn that we weren't expecting and we had to walk a lot and we got there late, with dirty shoes haha. (luckily our mission president doesn't really care because he knows how dirty the streets are here) We got to go hear an awesome capasitation on how to commit our investigators to follow the commandments and afterwords we had our interviews, When President interviewed me, we talked a little about the area and different things that we need to do, after that he looked me in the eye and he said: Elder, you always look tense to me, you need  to loosen up, don't slack off but don't be preoccupied with other things. The Lord is in control of this work, If a plan falls through, that means that the Lord has someone else waiting for you.

Ok, I'm gonna shorten this down because I still have to write to other people and I only have 28 min.
Let it be said that this week was full of good learning experiences, some of them were easier to learn than others, overall, we need more people to teach and we need to work with the members so that it'll happen, I'm not going to spell check this letter and I'm not going to check grammar, you all have to realize that I just start typing, I rarely if ever have time to sit and think about what I'm writing so that it will sound better, so if I say something more or less offensive, please forgive me. I don't have a lot of time to sit here and deliberate over what I'm going to write.

I love you all, stay true to the Lord and do everything that He requires of you, I can promise you that if you do that, your life will not be easy but it will be full.

One other thing that I wanted to write. This week we had the opportunity to talk to a young couple with a beautiful baby boy. They had decided that they are going to separate and eventually get divorced. That choice came because of infidelity on part of the husband. As they were talking to us, I was trying to listen but I kept on looking at their little boy, so beautiful with his jet black hair and full black eyes, smiling and laughing, and the whole time, my heart was wrenching inside of me. I couldn't stop thinking about how much his life is going to change, and probably for the worse, and that he had done nothing, absolutely nothing to invoke or cause that. It made me think about Mathew chapter 18, so I read a few selections of that to this couple, we then encouraged them to talk with the Bishop before doing anything.

There are many lessons that I can learn from that, I'm so glad, Mom and Dad, that you both have stayed strong and faithful to each other, and that no matter what, you have both staid together. I just hope that we all, as your children can follow your example.

No comments:

Post a Comment