Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8--Letter From Matt

We climbed up a mountain.  This is me blocking a magnificent sunrise

Excerpts


Hey Family! I did get one video from Katrina.  Katrina, Mexicans don't really eat that many quesadillas... it is something that they eat here if they are in a rush or something.   If I sound spiritual, it's because I am trying to be spiritual.  Do you believe in the book of Mormon? If so, you believe that Salvation comes only through Jesus Christ and He wants us to be close to him, through being spiritual. I hope that I never stop being ''spiritual.'' I hope that I can always keep myself as clean from the world as I am right now as a missionary. Yes, I was able to watch conference and I'm really glad that you were able to stay awake the hole time!

Dad, I was Just joking, sorry if I made you feel all worried haha :) Am I a senior companion? Well, let me answer your question with another question, Would you love me if I were always junior companion? If the answer is yes, and I hope it is :) then it doesn't really matter if I'm senior, junior, district leader, Zone leader or assistant. I'm just trying as hard as I can to not fail and to be as close as I can to the Lord.  I want you to be successful in your work. I love you dad. and I pray for you too and I am so grateful that you are praying for me and I know that God is helping me because of those prayers.

Thomas, yes I did watch conference, and it was pretty good too. I'm glad that you barely fell asleep at all :) I like your question, no she isn't reading that much, and Thanks for helping me realize that, if she wants to have a testimony of the book, she has to read it. haha. Keep it up budd, what are you doing to prepare yourself for a mission?

Miriam, well Mexican people do eat them every once in a while but not that often. haha. What exactly do you do in state farm, I'm sorry I always forget haha. I miss ya Miriam! until next week!!!

Mom, Elder Campos is not from Mexico, he is from Peru, did Becky or Bethany go on a mission to Peru? I don't remember, Thomas did not tell me about his ''inccedent'' haha, I do remember about the times that the car broke down, the first time, I only remember vaguely and the second time, that's the only thing that I really remember about that trip is that we were stuck until we rented that car. I also believe that your prayers are very strong, haha I can feel them and they help me, I can feel that you are all praying for me and I am so grateful to all of you. Thank you for telling me that I am doing better than I think haha, I think that I'm not doing that good, but then again, the Lord knows that I'm not going to be perfect, even then, He expects me to be.

Well My letter to all of you this week......... One of the biggest weapons that Satan has against us is that he tells us lies, he is always lying to us, that being said,I'm gonna tell you a story about me and my mission, and I'm gonna be very honest. I was walking down the street one day and I saw a lovely young woman walking on the other side of the street and that she was going to walk past us, but at that moment, all I saw was her face and head because the rest of her was hidden behind a parked car. The thought ran through my head, ''Oh, she's pretty,'' and right after that I saw the rest of her, and, let me tell you she wasn't very in shape, she was on the heavy side, and right away i thought ''Well, I guess not.'' But then the thought hit me, That is a lie. That is not true. She is beautiful to God and His Son, and They think about her and they worry about her and They cry when she is in pain and They are happy when she is happy. and therefore, is beautiful, or should be beautiful to me, and that if I thought that any other girl was more important, then I was wrong.  Do not judge people based on who they are right now, rather in who they can become.

Love you all
Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment