Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 29--Dear Elder Continued: Batman, Saturday Work, etc.

Now it’s Sunday and we will be sending you lots of letters by email soon.  I enjoyed watching Batman with the family Friday night.   I’m really glad that Thomas got home in time to be with us. We also saw a trailer for the first part of  "The Hobbit," and I can't wait!  I'm also hoping that "Les Miserables" will be good.  I haven't seen a trailer for it yet.  

  Saturday was a busy day.  Miriam and Katrina worked and did some school shopping at the mall.  I drove Katrina in and shopped at Costco.  I also weeded the flower beds and mowed most of the back yard.  Dad exercised lots, worked at the laundry, mowed the front yard and finished the back yard.  I gave Thomas a rest because he was worn out from rafting.  He mostly took care of Grandma.  He also watered the flower beds and helped me make dinner.  Dad, Thomas, Grandma and I had a nice dinner together, and Miriam and Katrina got home later.  Paul came to visit Grandma, and I think she liked that.  She is having a really hard time right now.  The more lucid she is, the unhappier she is, and she is very lucid right now.

Jonathan has been keeping in touch, and he’s kind of wondering if he should change his plans for work and school.  Weston says he can get Jon on at the mental hospital, so Jon may be moving back this way, but he has not decided yet.  He is also toying with the idea of changing his major.  I pray daily that he will be led to the things that will bring him happiness and peace, namely the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Cassandra, Emerson, and Lily are still in Alaska and I hope they are doing well.  It's hard to believe that in a matter of days I will be visiting them.  I truly cannot wait!

 We are determined to have a nice day at home with the family today after church.  I do have a meeting at 6:00, but other than that, I hope for lots of family time.  We want to take Grandma for a ride to get her out of the house for awhile. 

Well, Matt, I am studying hard and trying hard, but I sure mess up a lot.  I am so grateful for repentance and for the grace of Jesus Christ to help me do better, because I’m sure not capable of much on my own.  I am studying about the Holy Ghost.  In particular, today, I studied about the importance of the family and the role of the Holy Ghost in keeping our priorities with the family and the importance of helping the kids recognize and act on the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  I’m sure struggling to put in to practice the things that I learn, but I see improvements, so that’s good!

No comments:

Post a Comment