Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4--Dear Elder: Fourth of July


Happy Fourth of July, Matt!  

It was such a happy surprise to get on the email and find a message from you!  I’m glad your time in Mexico is starting out so well.  We also got your memory card—94 pictures, and only three of them had you in the picture, ha ha.  We put the pictures on the computer so that you can have picts of all the guys at the MTC when you get home.  We are hoping that you can get yourself in a few more pictures while you are at Mexico.  Also, I know they don’t want you to look like a tourist, but pictures of you and your companion and the scenery and your investigators would be nice.

Well, in 4 minutes I need to shower and go to the ward Fourth of July breakfast.  I don’t know who else is going with me since no one is awake yet.  I think Dad will sleep through it.  He’s pretty tired.  After the breakfast we plan to walk the parade route.  Remember we did that last year, and it was pretty fun?  We start near the end of the parade route and walk “upstream.”  I’m looking forward to that.  Afterward, Miriam and Thomas will go to work and Dad and Katrina and I will come home.  I plan to take care of Grandma and then crash.  Crashing is an old Fourth of July tradition for me.  Okay, crashing is an every day tradition for me J  After Miriam and Thomas’s work we will find a place to sit, have a picnic and watch the fireworks.  Nice plan, eh?

Yesterday I bought new chairs for the living room.  I’ve been looking for some and found some and these are very nice.  It’s hard to find two matching chairs in the want ads, people are usually only selling one.  Yesterday everyone worked and I stayed home with Grandma.  I did computer chores in her room with her and I also de-junked.  I had a nice time.  When everyone got home, we ate, looked read your email to the kids, and looked at your pictures.  Cassandra called and Dad got to talk to her.  He’s a phone hog.  We didn’t hear from Jon today.  I hope he’s doing good.  After doing all that, we took Grandma on a ride.  We drove along the parade route where all the crazy people are camping out in order to have a good spot  to watch the parade.  It was a nice ride. 

I read more of Alma 32 again this morning and am still working on my same goals to plant the words of Christ in my heart by having them in my thoughts (remembering and pondering on the word throughout the day), words (sharing the word with others.  I did that with Katrina and Thomas yesterday), and deeds (acting on promptings.  That happened at least twice yesterday when I acted on the prompting to talk to a family member and also to call someone).  I am feeling more loving and closer to Jesus Christ!  

Well, Gotta go!  I was compiling every day's writings to send to you by pouch at the end of the week, but you asked for it in email instead.  Let me know how that is working.  You will still get a letter by pouch but lots, not all, will be what you've already read on email.  I hope that's okay.  I love you, Matt.  We are praying for you and we know that our prayers will bless you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment