Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 15--Dear Elder

Dear Matt, today is Sunday.  Our trip home was a very nice one.  Sometimes we talked, sometimes I read out loud, and sometimes we read John Byetheway tapes.  We enjoyed being together. 

Church was very nice today.  A returned missionary named Elder Walker gave a wonderful talk on acquiring Christ-like attributes.  He actually referred to the talk you like that was given by Elder Bednar concerning the characteristics of Christ.  He also shared many interesting experiences from his mission where saw people become more like Christ.  It was a wonderful talk and increased my desire to become more like Christ, myself. 

I am still reading Preach My Gospel and today I studied the character of God and Jesus Christ and pondered on how I could have those same characters in my life. 

I love you, Matt.
 
Love,
Mom

P.S.  Grandma came home from the care center Saturday night and seems to have had a nice time.  She got her hair cut and perm-ed.  Thomas, Dad, and I are sitting in her room right now, talking to her as we work.  She has lots to say, but little of it makes sense.  She just told me “You’d better sit up or you’ll get a stiff neck, young man.”  I guess I’d better sit up!

No comments:

Post a Comment