Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dear Elder,

Well, today is the Sabbath.  We worked very hard yesterday getting ready for our trip.  Grandma slept till very late in the day which helped us get things done.  Thomas didn’t go to work, so I kept him very busy around here.  I realized at the end of the day that he didn’t complain once.  He mowed, took out trash, packed, etc.  Katrina also helped quite a bit before work without complaint.  She helped me clean the fridge, cleaned her room, and packed..  Miriam worked most of the day, but got her packing pretty much done.   Dad worked hard all day without stopping.  He got the car ready, got things squared away at the laundry, and shopped for food so that we won’t have to go to any stores on the Sabbath.
We will be going to church and then leaving.  There is a nice Hampton on the belt route in Vegas that bypasses the strip completely where Dad likes to stay, so we will sleep there, and then complete our trip tomorrow (Monday).  We have conference talks and Jon Bytheway talks on tape to listen to, so today’s drive should be pretty good. 

Sarah called me yesterday from Dallas where they were visiting.  They had just gotten to see Emerson, Cassandra, and Lily.  Sarah said Lily is so cute, which of course we know J  I keep imagine them getting to see her and trying not to be jealous.  I want to go see her so bad.   Maybe I can fly there alone.  That would be so nice! 

Grandma was awake and with us in the evening.  She said family prayer last night.  Renee is coming to be with her tonight and see her off to the care center tomorrow.  The nurses and aide will also be here to help, and the care center will transport her.  The care center looks like a very nice place and came highly recommended by the nurse.  I think Grandma might have a nice vacation, too.  I hope.

Well, I’m still trying to study hard and share what I’ve learned.  I read more about the blessings that come from giving diligence and heed to the word of God as given by the holy prophets.  It is so hard to shake off the world.  I keep trying, but I’m coming along so slowly that I’m not sure I’m coming along at all.  What have you been studying lately.  I’d really like to hear.  I sure hope we have Wifi at the hotel in Anaheim so that we can send you letters and get any letters that you send.  I love you, Matt.  I doubt that I’ll send this whole big letter of the week pouch because it will all be repeats from email.  We will send you a pouch letter today, though, from the whole fam! 

I love you very much, Matt.  May god be with you in your consecrated work.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment