Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23-- Reply to Matt's Email

Dear Matt,
Thanks for the wonderful email and also for the pictures, we were so excited to get them!  Wow, your second companion from Arizona—interesting!  Thanks for telling us about the investigators you have had and for explaining specific prayer to me.  I am going to try to study about Abraham sending his servant to find a wife for Isaac.  I am praying for your investigators.  I know that you probably already are, but I figure it can’t hurt!  I know you have little time to email and I was wondering if you could also send us letters by snail mail.  It may take them a very long time to get here, but we don’t mind!  I love you!
Love,
Mom

Dear Matt,

I can't describe the thrill that went through my heart when I saw the pictures you sent and heard about the work that you are doing. It brings back so many memories of the joy of sharing the gospel. It seems that you are so much more effective than we were. I bet that you have a wonderful trainer. I am so happy for you! Did I ever tell you about my trainer? On the day that he got me as a missionary he had a bottle of homemade rootbeer that the ward was making blow up in his face, and then when he got back from the hospital, the girl that he went on a mission for (she wouldn't marry him unless he went on a mission) sent him a wedding announcement and he wasn't on it! And then he got a greenie...me. Unfortunately he lost his missionary enthusiasm for the work and was just counting down for the last two months of his mission. He still taught me a lot but not much about using the spirit in the work.

 I love to hear the details about what you are doing. The things that you are doing are of such importance.

 Well, lets see, boring home stuff, well, when we take grandma on a ride now she loves to count the orange barrels. It is kinda funny to hear her, it reminds me of when I was a little kid, she would get tired of me talking to her so she said she would give me a penny for each cow I could count. Sometimes instead of counting the orange barrels, she will just say "Orange orange orange orange" as we pass each barrel.

 I am doing really well on controlling my blood sugar. I really watch what I eat and exercise every day. I mix up what I do because if I always do the same thing it gets boring. Right now I am walking from our house, over to canyon rd, down canyon to main street, down main to Macey;s, then up the new walking path along highway 6 to the Tesoro and then home, it takes me about an hour and 20 minutes. I have three more days of summer school that I have to teach and then I want to take some time and go on some massive walks, I would love to try and walk all the way from Spanish Fork to American Fork or even to Salt Lake. I think my feet are tough enough now to do it without getting blisters. I think I could make it to SLC in 12 to 14 hours. I would really love to try. I'll let you know how I do.

 Well, better get back to teaching, my students up the canyon are such slackers right now it gets really old. The Brown House, Blue House students are much better. (and that is where I will be working in the fall)

Love, Dad.

Dear Elder,
               I’m glad to hear that you like your companion.   Do you have any investigators? Is the language totally confusing you, or are you coming along just fine?  Do you have an accent yet?  I can tell that you really like the food there.  Do you walk a lot, or ride a bike?  I haven’t really been up to much besides work.  I’m trying to keep up on piano, but it’s hard to practice every day.  It’s too bad that you don’t know much about Kindles, because they’re all the rage in our family now.  I have one, Cassandra has one, Emerson has one, and Mom’s thinking about getting one.  You’d probably like them.  Tomorrow there’s an employee party at the water park.  We’re going to watch Jaws in the wave pool.  That should be fun.  I love you. J
Love,
Katrina

Matt,
It’s nice to hear what you’re up to! I hope that you’re getting used to Mexico and having a nice time.

Miriam

 Blog Note:  Thomas wrote his own letter to Matt and sent it via his email.

No comments:

Post a Comment