Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 13--Dear Elder

Well, today is Friday, and yesterday was our last day in the park.  It was a very relaxing day because we had already had our fill of the biggest rides and spent our day on the little rides and also watching shows and making final purchases.  Miriam and I went back and took a nap in the early afternoon and didn’t wake up till six.  The evening was nice.  Dad and I watched fireworks and I went on the new Star Tours with Thomas and Katrina one last time while Dad and Miriam tried Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters again.  I am proud to say that I am now married to a Galactic Hero.  Dad went up two levels to the highest level on Buzz, earning more than a million points and saving countless little, green, three-eyed men.  

Wednesday I got to talk to Cassandra on the phone.  Sounds like she’s up to the same old same old which is pretty cool when you realize that means she gets to take care of the cutest baby in the world!  I know from experience, though, that raising small children is quite a challenge—an odd mixture of physical exhaustion and intellectual deprivation.  This morning I prayed that she’d find joy in her day.
Speaking of the same old same old, I talked to Jonathan yesterday who is up to the same.  He hasn’t found a job yet, but I have hope that he’ll find one soon.  This morning I prayed that he’d be led to good places to apply for jobs today.  I also prayed that he’d make good friends and be happy, good, and at peace. 

Today we drive to San Deigo where we are staying at a Hampton close to the beach.  Yesterday was rainy, so I’m not sure about what today will hold, but I’m sure it will be a wonderful adventure.  We love you, Matt.  I prayed that your day would go well and that you would be filled with love and with the Holy Ghost and that you’d be led to people to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment