Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Email From Matt in Mexico!

Blog Note:  Sorry about the format--not much I can do unless I retype the whole thing.  Not gonna do it.

Hi! It's very exciting to hear from you all and I hope that you are doing well! Mom, with the pouch letters, they actually go to the Mission officies and I don't get them until our Zone Leader goes to Zone Conference, and then after that we have to have a District Conference, and then I get my
letter, so in reality, I get Pouch mail about once every month. haha! :) anyway, Thank you for all writing letters! It is way good to hear from you all.

 I really like it here in México but it is different, the people don't have a lot but one thing that they do have is happiness. They all are very centered in God and in the Family. Every time we ask  a person what the most important thing in their life is, without fail, every single one of them, young or old, has said their family. The food here is different, it's way funny how lunch happens: we always go to a sister's house to eat lunch (they call it La Comida, AKA the food, here) and they ask you: ¿Te gusta tortillas de harina? and we respond: ¡Sí! and then: ¿Y frijoles? and we say: ¡Claro que sí hermana! and then she proceds to give us a. ton. of. food. and if you don't eat it all, everything on the table, she says: ¿No te gusta la comida? and we have to say ¡No, no, no hermana, me gusta la comida! and then you have to eat more. and more. haha! I haven't had too much problem with the food yet, but we'll see. 

Katrina, I have never actually used a kindle so you are on your own with this one. In the mission, they do something called: specific prayer or oración specifica. We offered a specific prayer on my 2nd day and it was answered to the T.

 Thomas, I miss you too bud. Don't worry though, I'll be home before you know it. Dad, try mole sauce some time! haha, I bet you already know what it is but it's chocolate salsa. I don't like it. I have to go! I'm way sorry if i didn't answer someone's question. I really appreciate all of the e-mails and enjoyed reading them
bye! Love,
Elder Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment