Thursday, July 26, 2012

Email From Matt!

Hi, thank you so much for all of the letters.  Thomas and Dad, talking about tanning and funky tan lines, you should see mine! I have a massive one from my watch, the underside of my arms and my collar. ha-ha, it's fun.



Anyway... Do we have any investigators? yes we do, we have... I don't know if I should write names... ok we have an ex-cholo, or gangster that we are teaching, a man who suffered a stroke and can't move his right arm or leg, an older fisher, 2 brothers, a young boy who looks Chinese, an older lady that is divorced, a young girl who doesn't want to be baptized because her older sister will disapprove, and a girl that was on the point of being baptized but all of the sudden, after her interview said no!

Do I have an accent? In Spanish, yes. In English, well to be honest, I don't speak that much English and when I do, I try to have an accent so that the people that I'm talking to will understand me. Ha-ha.  Here, they really like American music and movies and if I want to say Star Wars, I have to say sTard wors or something close to that.

This week, only two investigators came to church, which is very bad because, for someone to be baptized they have to go to church twice. or else they cant. So, if we have a really good investigator, who is progressing, and they don't go to church, after like 3 weeks, we have to tell invite them to church, firmly, and tell them that we care about them but we have to move on and that we will visit later in like a week, and into the area book they go.

Mom, I am in a city called Los Mochis (mow-cheese) it means the turtles in native American. also, if anyone wants to send me anything, they are probably best off just sending it to the mission offices, it's safer that way and more sure that I'll get it.



 I am doing well, I'm really really tan. ha-ha, and I'm sure that will continue for about... 2 years ha-ha. These weeks have passed like the wind, it feels like yesterday I was in a ciber writing y'all (btw, they pronounce ciber: sea bear) the details are a little hard for me to tell because although I speak decent Spanish, There are a lot of words that I have to learn and I can't quite understand everything that is being said. The Lord has really blessed me, the Mexican elders say that I talk like I've been on the mission for about 8 months and I know that it's because of the Lord, not me. If you have any requests, or questions, you could probably write them all in a separate E-mail and that way I can answer them easier. Love you all! and I really love hearing all about how things are going! 

No comments:

Post a Comment