Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesday at the NICU

What happened to Tuesday at the NICU??  I think "Monday at the NICU" should have been "Tuesday at the NICU."  Wow, you sure do lose track of time when you're in the hospital.  Well, someone, who shall remain nameless so that I don't embarrass myself, forgot to return the memory card to the camera and so now we have no pictures for today.  As I write this, I realize that I brought my computer to the hospital with me and so could have taken the memory card out of the computer and put it in the camera, but I didn't think of that.  Hey, folks, I'm a grandma.  Senility comes with the territory.  What were we talking about?  Oh, ya. so that's the bad news for today--no picts of Lily.



The good news is that Lily is doing wonderfully.  Today her eyes were open for awhile and I got to talk to her and get to know her alittle.  It was a great day for me because I got to baby sit for 6 and a half hours.  I hope Lily knows me better because of the time we spent together.  Also good news, they began to feed Lily a bit of breast milk from a tube today.  Its only one milaliter every six hours--just a tiny bit to start her stomach getting used to it.  She is still getting all her nutrition from the same source she has since she got to the NICU--lipids, sugars, and protiens from a tube.  But they really want to get her on breast milk.  The nurse called it "liquid gold."


  Speaking of milk, here is a picture of "The Little Cow" that hangs in Lily's NICU room.

Another big stride for Lily was the moving of her feeding lines from her belly button to a PAL line, which they did earlier today, and a PIC line which hopefully they did tonight after we left at nine.  Once those are moved and she is switched from an ocilator to a ventilator, Cassandra will be able to hold her.  We are really hoping she can hold Lily tomorrow.  We left Lily with a new Lovey crocheted by her grandma.  I hope it helps her through her painful line placement.



That was our day.  Thanks for continuing to pray for Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment