Monday, August 1, 2011

From my journal just the other day:

I need to get my mind off things so I am writing on my blog. Emerson called us about an hour and a half ago to tell us that Cassandra is in labor. She was pushing at the time and had been for an hour and a half. We haven't heard anything since and the longer we wait, the more concerned I get. We said a prayer, and I am still praying and I hope all is well...

I've finished writing and It's been almost 3 hours since Emerson called. I am quite worried. Why haven't we heard anything yet? Please, Heavenly Father, let everything be okay.

I think I'll call my mommy.

My mom and dad aren't home.

Cassandra called. I'm a grandma! The baby is fine. Poor Cassandra pushed for 4 hours and almost had to have a c-section, but she didn't. I'm so proud of my daughter. She said she was praying so hard, and I told her I was, too. They had a little girl who is 21” long and 8.9 pounds. She has lots of dark hair, long eyelashes, and big feet. She is not with Cassandra right now because there was some miconium in the amniotic fluid and they are making sure that the baby doesn't have any in her lungs. Emerson is with her. Cassandra said he was bawling his eyes out, poor guy. Of course he was; I don't think there are many instances in life where a man feels more concerned and more powerless than at the birth of his own child.

I'm so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment