Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jan 6--Letter From Matt

Hey Mom thanks for all of the pictures!!! and please let grandma, grandpa and Cassandra know that (even though this sounds weird) I find it very hard to concentrate while I'm writing, I barely can write you guys (you dad, Katrina, Thomas, and my mission president) in the time that's allotted to us (two hours) So that's why I usually don't write back..... but I can try. It's really not that I don't want to.

Am I hitting my stride? Well I feel like I need to improve a lot, but at the same time there are times when I can feel the Savior's Love. Sometimes in stressful moments, sometimes while I'm on my knees and sometimes after hearing or living an amazing experience. I feel clean. I feel loved, and I try my hardest to love. That doesn't mean that I'm like perfect or anything like that, a lot of the time I just ask my self how God can love us as much as He does even though we are so imperfect and forgetful.


I don't talk too much about him, but my companion helps me out a lot. He's one of the best examples that I've had on my mission. We had to do divisions (splits) to help a companionship. I spent all day with one Elder and I tried to give him advice and things like that, but it just wasn't really working out so after we had gotten home we started talking about the problems they had and I got an impression, and so I testified to him: "I know that my companion loves me; what more can I do but love him in return?" It's hard to explain the situation and why it was so important that I said that, but the Spirit came into the room and carried those words to the heart of that Elder. From what I saw, in that moment he firmly decided to love his companion instead of judge him.



And while I was on divisions Elder Sullivan was, of course, changing the whole life of the other Elder, training him, helping him solve all of his life problems and doing a ton more for him than I was able to do for the other Elder. haha :)

"Elder S. W. Sullivan--Yup, my camera is pretty darn cool"

Who were we sending letters to? Why to you and the family! A lot of people were closed down last week on Monday.
I'm sorry to hear that you were so sad about Lilly leaving, but pretty soon you will have a ton of grandkids I'm sure haha :) just be patient!
anyway, The power went out about a half an hour ago and so we had to go do something else for a little while, but thankfully it's now back on so that we can finish up writing. We went with the other Elders and order Sushi :) Yummm

Well, what else can I write about right now? I'm just happy, this has been one of the hardest times in my mission, but at the same time, it's so rewarding! I could never repay Him for what He has done for me. I hope to become even better than I am.

"This is called a 'Selfy'"

Oh, one of the recent converts just barely called! Her name is Dionicia and she's a very funny person, she's the best. I asked her what she needed and she said: "Nothing," haha! she's about 50 years old and is the mother of 9 kids. She doesn't know how to read but is learning and was just calling to tell us that she had been reading and that she was able to understand more words! haha....

Anyway, this week is going to be fun, we are going to have a couple of meetings and try to help out everyone some more! Pray for us!!! hahaha

I love you all. The Lord is watching over us all. Lets all try to serve Him just a little bit more and be a little bit more like He is.

I love you Mom I hope that you have a wonderful week!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment