Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jan 13

Hey Mom, well I hope you liked my last letter.... I just don't really know what to write sometimes. I want to be able to help you all, and so I wish I could write better, but oh well.... :)
What am I studying? Well, good question. right now I'm in Mosiah 4 and I was thinking about something that it says:

"16 And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish. 17 Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
 19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?"

I agree with him. We are all condemmed and are not our punishments just? God is a just God and to Him we are all beggars. He sent His son Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ doesn't have to help us. We're all beggars and our punishments of eternal condemnation are just, but He helps us because He loves us.


My companion's doing really good, we are just working up a storm. We had our zone meeting this week, it was a very spiritual experience. We talked about being unified with your companion among other things. It was good.

"The Hard Life as a Missionary"

" This is called a Rosca, it tasted really good, which is suprising, because last year the Rosca that we ate tasted horrible."

"That is a Big Bag of Cheetos"

We are teaching someone named Ellery (el-airy). He is living with an inactive member of the Church and I think that they are planning to get married soon (or we hope that we can get them married soon) He's like a Internet guru psychologist person who has strange religious beliefs. It's fun teaching him. He prayed to ask if the church is true and he says that he had a dream confirming that it is. We are going to teach him tonight!

I love you mom I'm sorry that I'm not the best writer but this is it for today!
I hope that you have a wonderful week! I love you and I pray for you.
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment