Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dec. 30 Email from Matt

Hey Mom thanks for the letter! I did like your gift from the heart, and as you had guessed, the pictures didn't work out, but don't worry because I got to play the matching game :)
So how's everything going now that the holidays are winding to a close? I just realized that Katrina is totally going to graduate Highschool.... I hadn't thought about that.... weird.
Lilly is just growing right up! I know what you mean, soon she'll be going to school and you will be seeing a replay of your own life. That's strangely beautiful and melancholy :)

Ok, well this week, I got to open the packet from Grandma and Grandpa the day of Christmas, because I knew that you were going to be sad if I didn't have anything to open up on Christmas, so, I waited :) And then we went to Ceuta because a member had invited us to eat breakfast and then we did some other visits in ceuta, came back, ate lunch and walked to the house where we were going to skype, I had a really fun hour skyping you and then we went to Ceuta to talk with a member (Who also made us Tamales) and then went home, a very unproductive uneventful Christmas, but it was way fun because I got to talk with you :)

It just doesn't feel too much like Christmas, there isn't any snow, there isn't any Christmas smell, the special feeling that I feel every year, (wherever I am) was marred a little bit but it was there. We listened to devotional talks and read about the birth of Jesus Christ. That always brings the Christmas Spirit. We thought we weren't going to be able to find an open internet cafe to write in, but there are some Jehovah's witnesses that live close to our house that run an internet cafe and they don't celebrate Christmas so we kind of took advantage of that :) The Lord works in mysterious ways hehe.
anyway, it looks like that's going to be all for today. I love you mom and I hope that you have a great week :)
-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment