Saturday, January 18, 2014

Dec 15--Letter From Matt

Elder Cole Near Year's End

Hi mom! I'm going to answer your questions: "How are you?" I'm doing pretty good, just trying to do the best I can here. "Did you have a good week last week?" Why yes I did, I get along really well w/my companion and we are becoming better teachers. "Did you get your package?" Not yet, we are going to go to Culiacan tomorrow, and I'll know if it's gotten there.  "How are your clothes holding up?" Of course, it turned out to be a very good thing that we bought extra thick shirts for me. They have been holding out wonderfully.  "Are you able to get new clothes there when you need them?" Yes. "Are you feeling the Christmas spirit?  I hope so!" I am!  "How is your companion?" he says: "Good, Fantabulous"  "What have you two been doing lately?" Well, we've been teaching the Gospel.... I don't know if that counts....
Thanks for describing your feelings! I love those special moments!
I hope that you've had a wonderful week this week.

Ok, Well, this week, Gregorio has really been showing a lot of missionary spirit. He sent us a text today saying: "If you need a 3rd companion today, you can count on my help" Sherlin and Johana are doing well and came to church this week. Strangely, Gregorio didn't go to church. We're going to ask him why he wasn't able to come. This week Elder Sullivan and I have been getting to know the area more because I've hardly worked here in La Cruz and obviously Elder Sullivan doesn't know anything about the area. :) This week, in sacrament meeting, members from Ceuta will be giving the talks! It is so exciting to see this extension grow!

This Saturday, we are going to have our Mission Christmas Activity in Mazetlán. Friday, it's possible that Elder Deollos will come to a fire side along with our Mission President and his counselors. I'm pretty pumped. This Thursday we are going to have our Branch "Posada" and that'll be fun too. Wednesday, we are going to go to Cosalá, which is a little tiny village really far away and we are going to teach 3 people that love the Church and might just get baptised. And to start it all out, tomorrow, we are going to go to a Multi-Zone conference as a Zone and it's very very very possible that a few general authorities are going to be there. So, we aren't going to be busy at all this week, we are going to be on a whole new level of busy. it's going to be awesome.

This week has been hard in a lot of ways, just remember, He is there. He Loves us. "I will not leave you comfortless : I will come  to you." John 14:18

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment